BoR laughs at ISU

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Unanimous decision by Big 10 to take NU. Thanks for the support BoR.
And for those who say it would not matter: then why not have Sally Mason vote no. Is the U of Ia really in that insecure of position where they would be kicked out? I know they do not bring that much to the table, but they are a founding member.

I do not understand how ISU alumni and supporters continue to put up (votes and wallets) with this type of disrespect from the state.

The Associated Press: Nebraska joins Big Ten

Last edited:

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
If Jim Delaney told Dan Beebe that the Big Ten would not add any more Big XII members then why did the Board of Regents allow Sally Mason to vote "Yes" on Nebraska's application to join the Big Ten? That should be the million dollar question to Governor Culver and members of the Board of Regents. This is just wrong in my opinion. Governor Culver and the Board of Regents betrayed us!!!

theodore

Sep 24, 2008
And for those who say it would not matter: then why not have Sally Mason voe no Is the U of Ia really in that insecure of position where they would be kicked out? I know they do not bring that much to the table, but they are a founding member.

I do not understand how ISU alumni and supporters continue to put up (votes and wallets) with this type of disrespect from the state.

some people might say in life that respect is earned...not demanded. I feel for ISU...in a tough spot here, but things just might turn out ok in the end. I know in my life each time I got kicked in the nuts things actually turned out better in the long run.

nileo

Apr 29, 2010
Grimes
I am not shocked by this and quite honestly, not upset by it. Some of you people expect University of Iowa to look out for what is best for US, instead of what is best for them and their conference

brownie

May 13, 2006
some people might say in life that respect is earned...not demanded. I feel for ISU...in a tough spot here, but things just might turn out ok in the end. I know in my life each time I got kicked in the nuts things actually turned out better in the long run.

Well step on up and let us kick you in the nuts then. I'd love to make YOU feel better!:biglaugh:

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
And for those who say it would not matter: then why not have Sally Mason voe no Is the U of Ia really in that insecure of position where they would be kicked out? I know they do not bring that much to the table, but they are a founding member.

I agree. U of I just voted yes to poaching a school from the Big 12 that is located 4 hours further away from the rest of the Big 10 than ISU. This was pure politics. ISU makes more sense from every standpoint other than TV sets.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I am not shocked by this and quite honestly, not upset by it. Some of you people expect University of Iowa to look out for what is best for US, instead of what is best for them and their conference

NO, we expect the board of regents to look out for what is best for us.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I agree. U of I just voted yes to poaching a school from the Big 12 that is located 4 hours further away from the rest of the Big 10 than ISU. This was pure politics. ISU makes more sense from every standpoint other than TV sets.

I don't think it matters at all. Let's move on.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california

Yeah, but ISU has been kicked in the nuts so much that we're basically infertile now.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

Are you so dense you cannot read? No where did anyone claim that Sally Mason should not look out for Iowa. Can the BoR not tell Sally what to vote? If they can, then they should have forced her to vote no. Besides, as I am sure you would have loved to point out, it would have been a courtesy vote.

CydaGrove

Oct 21, 2009

Not a founding member according to ESPN graphic just on.

nileo

Apr 29, 2010
Grimes
NO, we expect the board of regents to look out for what is best for us.

So by voting against it and doing nothing that will change anything, they are gonna screw Iowa w/ the big10. We are getting screwed already. Them voting against it would have done NOTHING for us. NOT A THING>

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
ISU makes more sense from every standpoint other than TV sets.

No it doesn't. Nebraska has a state population of somewhere around 1.7 millions. 1.7 million of those people are Nebraska fans who have nothing to do but support Nebraska football. They bring million of dollars to the table where as ISU brings thousands of dollars to the table.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
So by voting against it and doing nothing that will change anything, they are gonna screw Iowa w/ the big10. We are getting screwed already. Them voting against it would have done NOTHING for us.
So if it would not do anything, how could it screw Iowa or the Big 10? I guess I could see the Big 10 looking for reasons to kick Iowa out.
My problem is not with U of Ia.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Do not laugh this off. This is a HUGE DEAL. Iowa State University has been betrayed by the Board of Regents and Governor Culver. ABSOLUTELY BETRAYED!!! DO NOT LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!!! MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD THROUGH E-MAILS, LETTERS, AND TELEPHONE CALLS!!!

Reactions: swarthmoreCY

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

Then how does it make sense Iowa is living off the gravy train of Big Telly? ISU competes neck-in-neck with Iowa with way less $$. That may not earn respect from tavern-hawks, but it should earn respect from the BoR.