Bolton Tweet

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Bolton is awesome. Going through two tough seasons, he's always played hard and keeps a positive attitude. I believe he lead the team is points, assists, steals and rebounds, yet some fans still rip on him every game. Could use a few more like him.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Bolton seems like a great kid and is very talented. That being said he was badly misused this year and has no business playing point guard hopefully whoever is coaching next year uses him properly.

That's because we don't have a PG and he is about the only player capable of consistently creating offense off the dribble. You are right though, ideally he wouldn't be playing PG. Using him properly next year will require us to find a better PG. He was the best option.

CascadiaClone

FKA BoredInKildee
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Portland, Ore
Sorry to be a skeptic but are we sure this is actually him? The account has less than 100 followers and looks like it was created recently.

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Bolton is awesome. Going through two tough seasons, he's always played hard and keeps a positive attitude. I believe he lead the team is points, assists, steals and rebounds, yet some fans still rip on him every game. Could use a few more like him.

When I lived in Chicago the Bears fans blamed Urlacher and Briggs for every single loss when they were top ten players in football. Part of the reason I could never join them and become a fan. I'll never understand that mentality.

• Agree
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
That's because we don't have a PG and he is about the only player capable of consistently creating offense off the dribble. You are right though, ideally he wouldn't be playing PG. Using him properly next year will require us to find a better PG. He was the best option.
Honestly I don't think he was. Prohm was just stuck on the idea of playing him at the point. As the season went on Walker was playing better as a true point.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

A vocal minority of our fan base, at least here on this site, proudly behave like spectacular a$$holes.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
It was worse coaching than that.
There’s having a non-pg fill in at pg, and then there’s using a non-pg as though he’s like the previous very good pgs Prohm’s career has been built on. We used him way too similar to how we’d use our previous very talented pgs.
He should have been used much more like we used Scotty in 2011-12. I don’t think we would have been worse with another player at pg and running an actual offense. You know, passing, cutting, etc