Boise State (vs. Kentucky)

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Broncos on the road tonight @Kentucky in their 2nd test of the season (They beat Utah by 2 points last week). Potential matchup for us at the Diamond Head Classic. They play on the road at St. Mary's (undefeated) this coming Saturday as well.

They're one of the few teams who average more points per game than the Clones, but they scored over 110 points in each of their first two games against sub-par competition. Kentucky will probably out rebound BSU, and I expect them to have trouble vs. UK's big guy inside.

Hope they can pull off the upset @Rupp Arena, but think it'd be a tough one for them to manage.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Boise hanging in there. They use a LOT of motion and dribble handoffs in their offense. Kentucky is playing pretty sloppy. Being lazy with the ball.

Boise looks as good as BYU to me

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It's really hard to get a read on Boise because Kentucky is so freaking bad.

Your average pick-up game is more team-oriented.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
It's really hard to get a read on Boise because Kentucky is so freaking bad.

Your average pick-up game is more team-oriented.

Yeah, UK hasn't looked like world beaters in this one, but their bigs are tough for Boise to handle driving on. Cauley-Stein has been an animal down low for the cats. James Young for Kentucky looks great. Good 3 point shooter. Not super impressed with the Harrison twins.

Drimic for Boise looks like he's a baller.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Boise not looking like much. DHC will be a snoozer to watch, even if the Cyclones go down or have close games.

I see St. Mary's is undefeated, but has played no one (Beat Drake by 4, at St. Mary's, for what that's worth).

South Carolina and Oregon State are about on the same page as Auburn.

Boise State is kind of like St. Mary's only they've lost a game to the only decent opponent they've had

George Mason has lost 3 straight games

Am I forgetting anyone?

Last edited:

pck122

Mar 16, 2012
Well, if anything the prestigious undefeated list will lose Boise tonight, leaving one less team for us to outlast. Strange how Boise plays St. Mary's at a neutral location, then likely again in the 2nd round in Hawaii just over a week later?

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Boise looks like a formidable opponent. Kansas is struggling, 3 losses! Self will get that fixed. West Virginia is up 10 on Gonzaga too!

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Is anyone else upset that Michigan is bottoming out? That was supposed to be a marquee win, now they aren't holding up they're end of the deal.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Is anyone else upset that Michigan is bottoming out? That was supposed to be a marquee win, now they aren't holding up they're end of the deal.

Out of our control. Their SOS is going to get a lot better should easily be top 100 RPI even if they don't do that well in conference.

pck122

Mar 16, 2012

I figured they'd be a bit overrated and that they weren't still a top 10, but really a close loss to Charlotte has been their only downside so far. I think they can take out Zona at home this weekend. And BYU has had a very unfortunate schedule, playing Wichita State in KC and at UMass. Would be too bad if they can't get a big win before conference since they looked like a great team.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Boise looks like a formidable opponent. Kansas is struggling, 3 losses! Self will get that fixed. West Virginia is up 10 on Gonzaga too!

Hope WVU can pull it off. I've said it before the season even started and people were discounting WVU, I don't think they'll be that bad. Huggins has some kind of exceptional record like "only 2 NCAA Tournaments ever missed." I don't think it'll be long before they're good again and I think they'll be solid this year. It will be a tough win at WVU.

Help Support Us

Become a patron