Blake Hinson Committed To ISU!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If we get both Harris and Hinson this season, we’ll make the tourney IMO.

If we don’t get either of them, we’ll struggle, but the following year will be very good.

We don’t even know if there will be a season this year at all?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If we get both Harris and Hinson this season, we’ll make the tourney IMO.

If we don’t get either of them, we’ll struggle, but the following year will be very good.

We don’t even know if there will be a season this year at all?
There will be a season this year. Just like football, fan attendance will be up in the air though.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Thought I'd drop this in this thread as well.

As well as some of his stats below from his past two years at Ole Miss. I actually remember this guy two years ago when we played the Rebels. He went 3-8 from beyond the arc.

Kind of cool we got this guy for two years. (hopefully)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/blake-hinson-1.html

After watching those highlights, he reminds me a bunch of Shayok. Shayok may have a more consistent jump shot, but otherwise, they look very similar. Love this add and probably exactly what they need.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Well that was certainly out of nowhere! Solid pickup. If him and Harris are both eligible, probably won't see much time from Freshman.

Reactions: Statefan10

StevieISU23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
Where do these transfer now put ISU to Finish in the Big12?
Pre-transfers: 9-10
Get one of Harris/Hinson: 8ish
Get Both Harris/Hinson: 5-6?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
After watching those highlights, he reminds me a bunch of Shayok. Shayok may have a more consistent jump shot, but otherwise, they look very similar. Love this add and probably exactly what they need.
Yes it is exactly what we needed. And yeah I think Shayok is a good comparison, however someone mentioned Nader and I like that one too. He's sort of in the middle. A meatier Shayok.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Let's get weird. Bunch of switchable pieces that all should be plus athletes.

Prohm may have just constructed mad Fran's dream roster of athletic spiders up and down the lineup.

I also kind of smiled a little inside when I saw he had his best offensive game and went off for big numbers against their instate rival.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That sounds reasonable to me. Maybe the “best case” if we get both waivers.
If we would end up getting everyone eligible, I'd take 5th place in the Big 12 every day and twice on Sunday. We'd be dancing, AND we'd literally bring everyone back besides Solomon and JCL for the next year.

Reactions: aauummm

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Where do these transfer now put ISU to Finish in the Big12?
Pre-transfers: 9-10
Get one of Harris/Hinson: 8ish
Get Both Harris/Hinson: 5-6?

Pretty close to what I'd guess.

Just JCL available: 7-10
One of Harris/Hinson: 5-9
Get both: 4-7

KU, Baylor and Texas are top 3 almost guaranteed. WV and Tech are also going to be really good.

In the end, I think you can be excited either way on the waivers. Because, if they aren't granted. The 2021-22 roster will be really strong. Especially considering they have another scholarship

Reactions: heitclone