Bill Walton and KU vs UT

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Maybe it was answered during the broadcast but of all the games to take Walton away from his usual conference you pick a game with the worst team in the Big 12?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Walton's co-announcer really has his hands full keeping the game broadcast. Bill don't care he just goes wherever wants to.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I don't think Walton knew who a single Texa$ player was or cared a rat's ass. Told us what a great young man a KU player was who was charged this week with kicking and vandalizing a car with a woman in it.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I hated him at first but now I love him, with the 4 month old I don't get to watch much basketball during the day so I often catch PAC games and he makes them more interesting.

Reactions: Lafaester54

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I hated him at first but now I love him, with the 4 month old I don't get to watch much basketball during the day so I often catch PAC games and he makes them more interesting.

Living in Phoenix, I get force-fed plenty of Pac12/14/16/12/14 hoops. Walton makes his counterpart very uncomfortable, but as a mostly non-biased fan with these teams, it's hard to deny that he makes it interesting. I sometimes wonder if he knows he's at a basketball game. I think it's fun. Beats the alternative of announcers reading off a cheat sheet and getting it wrong while trying to get it right.

• Agree
Reactions: ajk4st8

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
For games that I'm not really all that interested in, Walton makes it interesting, even with his tangents. When he broadcasts a game that I am interested in, I find myself wishing he would just shut up or stick to the game.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
People that like Bill Walton on broadcasts are people that wish they could get paid to do a job where they just babble incoherently about nothing. Not only is his LSD induced babbling distracting from the game, half the game was shown on split screen. Ridiculous.

• Disagree
Reactions: fsanford

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
People that like Bill Walton on broadcasts are people that wish they could get paid to do a job where they just babble incoherently about nothing. Not only is his LSD induced babbling distracting from the game, half the game was shown on split screen. Ridiculous.

Awwwww Tuco. To be fair, I listened to him babble about two minutes and changed the channel. And I wish you no ill will, but I have to admit to being delighted by your dismay!!!

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles

Walton is not some shill in a suit, he does not take a cookie cutter approach to broadcasts.
He thinks his audience is smart enough to know that down for 4 with a minute and a half to go a team needs a defensive stop, and yet most color guys will say, the need a defensive stop.
No ****.

Keep up the good work Bill

• Winner
Reactions: ajk4st8

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Walton is not some shill in a suit, he does not take a cookie cutter approach to broadcasts.
He thinks his audience is smart enough to know that down for 4 with a minute and a half to go a team needs a defensive stop, and yet most color guys will say, the need a defensive stop.
No ****.

Yes, those intelligent fans would much rather listen to him blabber about some concert he went to 40 years ago.

The best basketball games to watch are when you don't remember who the refs or the tv commentators were. I enjoy watching basketball because basketball entertains me. I don't need to listen to someone have LSD flashbacks to perk up the broadcast. I lived in Colorado from 22-25 and have enjoyed a lifetime's worth of laughing at brain dead hippies. The game is enough for me.

• Disagree

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
No ****.

Amen. If he's at the game, I'm watching. He's not only entertaining, but maybe the best and smartest college basketball player of all time. So when he comments on strategy or plays, I kinda take note...

• Agree