Biggest Letdown in Cyclone History?

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
only a letdown for those with expectations
i was worried about 4 things and 2 of them were absolutely a problem and will be all season, wideouts and 2nd rb, then a third issue i was not worried about at all, special teams cropped up.

• Wow
Reactions: simply1

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That’s as embarrassing of a loss as I can remember for a long time. Lost by more and to a lot worse teams, but those were bad ISU teams. This team has talent but they got punched in the mouth and just rolled over.

Are we really sure ISU is that talented?

They're returning a lot of players...but it's from a 7-6 football team in a season where the Big 12 won one bowl game.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Best quarterback in school history, best coach in school history, “talented” o-line, “best team in school history” proceeds to lay an absolute egg. I should have seen it coming

slow your roll way down on that best coach. Earl Bruce and Johnny Majors are the best coaches. Campbell is the coach who has had the best facilities and still has trouble competing every year against lesser teams

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
With everything going on this year? Definitely not. Didnt even feel like football till Thirsday. MC should never be able to hide whatever it is they aren't doing though again.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Best quarterback in school history, best coach in school history, “talented” o-line, “best team in school history” proceeds to lay an absolute egg. I should have seen it coming

Not to me. I predicted a loss today. I love Campbell. I honestly do. But, and I’ll get heat for this I’m sure, I don’t think he’s as great as we think. We aren’t beating teams we absolutely should this many years in for him. OT nail biter last year. Almost lost to drake. Today was honestly not even that close. We got owned. He’s a better coach for us than any we’ve had in decades I do think that. But I just am not as high on him as many are. Hope he proves me wrong.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Not to me. I predicted a loss today. I love Campbell. I honestly do. But, and I’ll get heat for this I’m sure, I don’t think he’s as great as we think. We aren’t beating teams we absolutely should this many years in for him. OT nail biter last year. Almost lost to drake. Today was honestly not even that close. We got owned. He’s a better coach for us than any we’ve had in decades I do think that. But I just am not as high on him as many are. Hope he proves me wrong.

Oh I predicted a loss too, but then with the amount of excitement I had going into today I thought I was just telling myself we were going to lose because that is a lifetime of Cyclone sports talking. Clearly I was right in the first place

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Pretty much. He needs to overhaul his staff for sure. Other than Heacock the staff has been pretty average since he's been here.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron