• Yes men and women tournaments

Results are only viewable after voting.

StevieISU23

Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
Will be Southbound and Down, on Friday Morning-
Blue Koi- Chinese for Lunch
Kelly's Most the Afternoon
Wonder over to P&L/Muni late afternoon, to buy tickets to the Girls game.

Reactions: dahliaclone

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
Looking at ticket resale sites, for the Men's tourney "Tickets for Less" seems to have the lowest overall cost, outside of private sales. Tickets get transferred to an AXS account for entry.

For the women's tourney, direct purchase from Ticketmaster seems best at this time.

Anyone else experience something different?

DrShip

Dec 30, 2013
Rio, WI
Heading down from Wisconsin Wednesday night to meet up with my Dad in Huxley, leaving for KC Thursday morning. Gonna try and hit both men's and women's games. We're just winging tickets, see what's available. It will be my first Big XII tournament experience, and am looking forward to it!

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
EVERYONE I have talked to has said that they are staying home for Thursday but have a tentative PTO day on Friday. It will be a mass caravan of Cardinal and Gold on Friday if we can best a DANG GOOD Tech team

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
Temps in KC expected to be 48/27 Wed, 32/16 Thurs, 28/7 Fri, and 34/27 Sat. Warms up on Sunday to 59.

Rain/snow Wednesday night, Thursday and Friday morning.

Not going to be the warmest Tournament. Be prepared.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
EVERYONE I have talked to has said that they are staying home for Thursday but have a tentative PTO day on Friday. It will be a mass caravan of Cardinal and Gold on Friday if we can best a DANG GOOD Tech team
Total opposite from what I'm hearing. Tons of people going Wednesday and Thursday. Our group is up to around 35.

Reactions: NWICY and Spanky

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Best pregame bar in P&L? With the weather being what it is, the bars could be a pain in the ass. McFadden's always seems to be packed, but it's obnoxiously loud and overpriced.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Total opposite from what I'm hearing. Tons of people going Wednesday and Thursday. Our group is up to around 35.

Demographic for this group is around 30 years old. So taking 3 days of PTO to watch basketball is tough. Especially those of us with children toddlers and infants.

We plan to make it a long weekend trip if we win on Thursday.

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
Best pregame bar in P&L? With the weather being what it is, the bars could be a pain in the ass. McFadden's always seems to be packed, but it's obnoxiously loud and overpriced.
Everything in P&L will be packed after limited crowds last year. Prices pretty much the same across the board also. If you want to save a little, try Taps on Main. Its between P&L and Union Station. There are several others south of Downtown that offer a little bit of a price relief.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
If we somehow make the finals, I'll be down there. I have too much going on at work Thursday and Friday to get down there until Saturday.

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
If either team is still playing Saturday night and beyond, I'll be going. This would mean that each has made the final so keeping my fingers crossed

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Have tickets all week but only planning to go to the Thursday games. Trying to set up some possible baby sitting if we're playing Friday and Saturday.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
Other than the Covid year I haven't missed KC (yes, even when the tournament was elsewhere) since '99! Pumped to go back!

Also. the 5k run in downtown is a good time each Saturday morning. Rock the Cyclones gear and run off some bad decisions!

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
speaking of the tourney.... not a techie.... but how will tickets be scalped so to speak? Someone on the street will give you their email for the transfer, then exchange money? Any glitches to the transfer of the tickets? Anyone wanting tickets for single games will have that APP they need on their phone, right? Go ahead and make fun if that's your thing.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
speaking of the tourney.... not a techie.... but how will tickets be scalped so to speak? Someone on the street will give you their email for the transfer, then exchange money? Any glitches to the transfer of the tickets? Anyone wanting tickets for single games will have that APP they need on their phone, right? Go ahead and make fun if that's your thing.

I think you've got it figured out. I'm not really sure how it works selling them on StubHub/ticket master, but there are a bunch listed on there. It should help prevent fake tickets I would think, which is good.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
We have all session tickets for the women, and have tickets for Thursday for the men. If you are down in KC, go support the women too! They deserve it after the season they are having!

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
It will be interesting to see how many ticket sellers will be out there in 7 inches of snow Thursday.