Big 12 in 2014-15

Dingus

May 23, 2013
The Big 12 is arguably the best conference in CBB this year. Looking at team rosters, it sure looks like it could be even tougher next year. A bunch of the contending teams are really young. After a cursury look, Iowa State, Kansas, OSU, and Baylor are about the only teams that lose multiple key guys.

Oklahoma loses Clark. KSU loses Southwell and Spradling. Texas doesn't have a single SR on the team.

KU will lose Wiggins, Embiid unclear, and probably keeps most other key guys. Baylor loses Heslip and Jefferson. Who knows with Austin, though it sure seems like he should stay (should have left last year...).

Iowa State of course lose Ejim and Kane.

OSU is the only team in the whole conference that looks to be clearly worse next year.

Last edited:

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
It will be a grind next year too. I'm just glad Hoiberg got Nader and Mckay. They should be studs and both will be able to make up for what we will lose in Ejim. With Monte playing the way he has, I'm not worried about point guard either. Should be fun.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Okie State might be a bottom feeder next year. Especially if Ford is still coaching them.
It is not a given Nash leaves and Clark may end up back on the team. Cobbins will be back too.
A core of Clark, Forte, Nash, Cobbins, Murphy, and Williams is not bottom feeder bad for most coaches, plus they have signed two top-100 recruits and are still in the running for a 5-star center.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
It is not a given Nash leaves and Clark may end up back on the team. Cobbins will be back too.
A core of Clark, Forte, Nash, Cobbins, Murphy, and Williams is not bottom feeder bad for most coaches, plus they have signed two top-100 recruits and are still in the running for a 5-star center.
Yeah. I'm kind of second guessing my statement. Forgot about Cobbins being back and Nash should be a stud next season. Would be big for them to get Turner.

Dingus

May 23, 2013

Was thinking Nash was a Sr. Seems like that guy's been there forever.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
You're right. That OSU team likely would be pretty solid with a good coach. Well have to see who they hire.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Predicted standings next season

1 Kansas
2 Texas
3 West Virginia(They have no seniors)
4 Iowa State
5 Oklahoma
6 Texas Tech(Feeling bold with this one)
7 Oklahoma State
8 Kansas State
9 Baylor
10 TCU

No matter who I rank where I feel like I'm completely wrong. The only sure things were numbers 1 and 10, and that might not even hold true.

Last edited:

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
OSU and Baylor will be towards the bottom. Tech even loses quite a bit but have a great coach.
Tech only loses 1 of their top 5 scorers, although a big one in Crockett.

Even TCU should be better next season with what they return and assuming they have less injuries. It is going to be a complete bloodbath. I really hope we can land a Big 12 ready guard this spring.

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
I'm not worried about a guard. Naz and Thomas have to get better and we need someone to step up and get points in place of Ejim and Kane.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'm not worried about a guard. Naz and Thomas have to get better and we need someone to step up and get points in place of Ejim and Kane.

I have no doubt Thomas will. I'm thinking he'll average 13-14 per game. Morris will probably be around 10-12. He's not the scorer Kane is but is a better facilitator. I think Niang will bust out next year and will be our second consecutive Big 12 POY, averaging about 20 per game. That leaves about 22-26 points per game from Hogue and our fifth starter to match the production we're getting from our starters this year. A bit of a stretch, but maybe not needed, as I think our bench will be much better and deeper and can pick up some of those points per game as well.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I think our bench will be a lot better next year.

Morris
Thomas
Nader
Hogue
Niang
McKay
Custer
SDW
Other random transfer

Thats a pretty solid rotation

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Nader can score the basketball. But with he and McKay I'm most excited about defense. Both long wingspans. Finally have a rim protector in McKay.

I have no doubt Thomas, Long, and Morris will knock down more 3s

Help Support Us

Become a patron