Best Convenience Store

Best Convenience Store

• Total voters

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
An underrated part of this discussion is each store's apps, and deals. Kwik Star has a good app that gives you deals and freebies you'll actually use and doesn't annoy the hell out of you. Casey's is relentless to the point where I had to turn the notifications off entirely.

Casey's wins on quality of its most prominent food items (pizza, doughnuts, tenderloins) but Kwik Star has more variety. Plus Kwik Star often beats Costco on milk prices and has decent quality cheap car washes.

I live within a mile of a KS, K&G, and Casey's and since the KT opened it's been the store I frequent most often.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
An underrated part of this discussion is each store's apps, and deals. Kwik Star has a good app that gives you deals and freebies you'll actually use and doesn't annoy the hell out of you. Casey's is relentless to the point where I had to turn the notifications off entirely.

Casey's wins on quality of its most prominent food items (pizza, doughnuts, tenderloins) but Kwik Star has more variety. Plus Kwik Star often beats Costco on milk prices and has decent quality cheap car washes.

I live within a mile of a KS, K&G, and Casey's and since the KT opened it's been the store I frequent most often.
Good to know about the KS app. A lot of restaurants seem to put great specials on their app that you wouldn't get even through paper coupons. For a while Wendy's was doing a free breakfast sandwich with any purchase through their app. I would get their breakfast fries (which are amazing) for $2 then the sandwich was free. Sort of off topic, Wendy's breakfast IMHO is now the best fast food breakfast.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Good to know about the KS app. A lot of restaurants seem to put great specials on their app that you wouldn't get even through paper coupons. For a while Wendy's was doing a free breakfast sandwich with any purchase through their app. I would get their breakfast fries (which are amazing) for $2 then the sandwich was free. Sort of off topic, Wendy's breakfast IMHO is now the best fast food breakfast.
I hope Wendy's keeps it. Never seems to be busy for bfast when I go thru one.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I hope Wendy's keeps it. Never seems to be busy for bfast when I go thru one.
Agreed but I read an article that said despite Covid they are doing better than they expected to at this point. They had targeted breakfast to be 10% of store sales by years end and they were already at 8% and climbing. That was when the article came out in early August so it may be better now with back to school.

Reactions: JP4CY

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Kwik Trip's biggest annoyance is having about 20 of them in Rochester....and that's not an exaggeration.
La Crosse is the same way. I think there was literally one every other intersection. I think they are out of La Crosse so it makes sense.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Feels like a lot of Casey’s Corp employees in this thread. Let me just say you better look at what Kwik Star is doing and step up your game. That pizza only goes so far. QT and hy vee gas are right behind KS followed by Casey’s. I drive past the Casey’s on the end of my block because it’s just ughh every time. As for kum and go, I’ll rather be out of gas and call the tow truck or go hungry than visit one of those stores.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
What’s the smallest town with a Kwik Star?

Caseys is willing to set up shop in very small communities. And breakfast pizza.:)Many places, it’s the only place you can find an open public restroom, not that I have used a public restroom since 2/28.

Reactions: mynameisjonas

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
They ******* LOVE Wawa out here, but personally, I think Sheetz is better. I also have an affinity to 7/11 but not because they’re good, but because they remind me of Hawaii because they’re everywhere out there and they sold spam masubi.
I’d go Sheetz, 7/11, Wawa for the ones I’ve experienced.
Casey’s is grossly overrated.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
They ******* LOVE Wawa out here, but personally, I think Sheetz is better. I also have an affinity to 7/11 but not because they’re good, but because they remind me of Hawaii because they’re everywhere out there and they sold spam masubi.
I’d go Sheetz, 7/11, Wawa for the ones I’ve experienced.
Casey’s is grossly overrated.
Moved from Iowa to Jersey 15 years ago and I still miss Casey's dearly, but Wawa does kick ass also. We're getting more and more Royal Farms which has some fantastic fried chicken.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
For those talking about Wendy’s breakfast, totally agree. Their breakfast is the best and their potatoes are amazing. I probably favor it more because as someone who is not much of a breakfast eater, I like that Wendy’s has chicken options.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Personally, I love Casey’s, and use them whenever I am traveling. However, we don’t have Casey’s in St Louis. Nor do we have Kwik Star. So, for everyday use based on where I live, I have to go with QT.

also, the poll won’t let me vote on mobile for some reason

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Personally, I love Casey’s, and use them whenever I am traveling. However, we don’t have Casey’s in St Louis. Nor do we have Kwik Star. So, for everyday use based on where I live, I have to go with QT.

also, the poll won’t let me vote on mobile for some reason
It’s the newest update bug. It’ll let you vote, if just won’t show you what you clicked on until after you click cast vote. So it’s a guessing game if you clicked the option you meant to click.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneDaddy

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
What’s the smallest town with a Kwik Star?

Caseys is willing to set up shop in very small communities. And breakfast pizza.:)Many places, it’s the only place you can find an open public restroom, not that I have used a public restroom since 2/28.

lots of Kwik stars in smaller towns in NE Iowa and Wisconsin.