Beer Vacations

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I've been to quite a few places where I've got to sample what the locals are drinking. A few weeks ago my wife had some business in Pittsburgh and I had vacation time to blow so I decided to check out a few places.

I went to the following places:

Grift House-Nice taproom with a good mix of outdoor/indoor

Carson Street Deli-Decent food and good bottle selection

Wigle Whiskey-I hate whiskey but I figured I'd give it a shot. Hated it but I bet if I liked whisky, I'd love it.

BeerHive-Nothing special

Southern Tier-Cool place and a lot of great options. I had like 4 different pumkin beers.

Fat Heads-Awesome place

Brew Gentlemen-Small/Nice taproom where it seems to be all about the beer, which I like

For having a large metro area, their craft beer selection is average. Similar to how Nashville didn't blow me away as far as beer. The city itself is pretty cool and not how I would picture Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Cybyassociation

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
I really want to do a New England trip. Hit Boston and Monson and all the big players in NH, Vermont and Maine. It would have to be a 10 day trip but it would be totally worth it.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Its may be obvious from the times it's been discussed on here, but Denver and Minneapolis you could go and stay for a long weekend and not get bored of the brewery options/offerings
I was out in Denver a few weeks ago and there were so many options. I live in St Paul and between there and Minneapolis it feels like I'm going to a new brewery every couple weeks and I still have a huge list!!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: srjclone

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins are all jamb packed with 1st-class breweries. Colorado would have to be on your list for a beer vacation. Literally every small town in the state (west of I-25 at least) has a brewery as well, and most of them are really good.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
I've been to quite a few places where I've got to sample what the locals are drinking. A few weeks ago my wife had some business in Pittsburgh and I had vacation time to blow so I decided to check out a few places.

I went to the following places:

Grift House-Nice taproom with a good mix of outdoor/indoor

Carson Street Deli-Decent food and good bottle selection

Wigle Whiskey-I hate whiskey but I figured I'd give it a shot. Hated it but I bet if I liked whisky, I'd love it.

BeerHive-Nothing special

Southern Tier-Cool place and a lot of great options. I had like 4 different pumkin beers.

Fat Heads-Awesome place

Brew Gentlemen-Small/Nice taproom where it seems to be all about the beer, which I like

For having a large metro area, their craft beer selection is average. Similar to how Nashville didn't blow me away as far as beer. The city itself is pretty cool and not how I would picture Pittsburgh.

Those guys are KILLING it right now.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
If you like hops it doesn't get much better than Pacific Northwest during harvest season.

• Winner
Reactions: 0u812

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I really want to do a New England trip. Hit Boston and Monson and all the big players in NH, Vermont and Maine. It would have to be a 10 day trip but it would be totally worth it.
This is #1 on my list as well.

Trillium, Maine Beer Co., Alchemist, ... wow, I'm thirsty.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
If you're in Pittsburgh it's IC all the way. Or IC Light if you're watching your figure.

Help Support Us

Become a patron