Bball Recruit Wish List...

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Curious on everyones thoughts on the 4 open scholarships...If you could have anybody up until right now how would you use them? (You can edit as more transfers become available.

My list would be

1a)Juiston- I think most people will have him here...

1b) Cam Johnson- immediate guy with 2 to play...high major tested

2) Grad Transfer stretch 3-4) Maybe Egor from Rice I see he has said its not a guarantee he is going to play overseas...Honestly it comes down to wether you feel comfortable with Babb starting or not at the 3.

3) Weathers/Heron/Evans Sit 1 to play 3 is a major plus, scored at a high level, but does that translate to the Big 12?

4) Shayok- we have a coach at least looking into him, he is a real good player with a chance to be a great scorer in the right system only downside is sit 1 to play 1.

I could be convinced of Morrow, Edwards, Evans or others....

Last edited:

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
I would like to see Juiston and Weathers, after that I think we should only take grad transfers.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we would only have 1 more schollie opening up next year? Need at least 2 for Moss and Thompson

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
1) Juiston

2)Grad transfer pg/combo that can shoot or score. Elijah Brown/Thorpe are the top two available imo, assuming Koulechov goes pro.
Freeman if he could get a waiver.

Other options Nigel Johnson (Rutgers), Dontel Highsmith (NIU) Edwards.

3.) Kanter if he returns or Obi (Duke). Brase (Princeton) is intriguing.

4.) A sit out guard to replace Jackson. Evans from Rice? Shayok? I'm hoping for Thompson to add in 2018 so I went guard here. But really it's the best available we can get. There are a ton of great guys available right now.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
1. Juiston
2. Grad transfer scoring wing
3. Sit out
4. Sit out
Top sit outs in my mind are Shayok, Weathers and Morrow

Couldn't go wrong with those guys. I had Evans in the top four, Morrow fifth. But who are we kidding, if we get Juiston and any of the other four we would be fortunate.

Ajg515

Nov 17, 2016
Des Moines
Idk why but it seems like no one is mentioning the grad transfer Nick King, who I would have at the absolute top of my list. No idea whether or not we are even involved but we're talking wish lists here.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Idk why but it seems like no one is mentioning the grad transfer Nick King, who I would have at the absolute top of my list. No idea whether or not we are even involved but we're talking wish lists here.

He committed to Middle Tennessee State. Not sure why he was high on your list

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Thing I am noticing is a lot hinges on Juiston...
Yep.

Although jucos are very hit or miss. I'm not saying I think Juiston will be a miss, his effort m/athleticism combo alone means he'll be a significant contributor, but there are other viable candidates. I think Thornton could fill our playmaking forward role. Or if we added a guy like Elijah Brown and a productive traditional Big we could be alright.

Ajg515

Nov 17, 2016
Des Moines
He committed to Middle Tennessee State. Not sure why he was high on your list
Well, he was a former 4 or 5 star talent (depending on which site you use) who never really got the run he should have due to injury/transfer. Pure jumper, in the paint battler, who has time in at P5 programs/weight rooms. Pretty easy to see if you're not blinded by wanting Juiston so bad it hurts.

That's a great get for MTSU and Kermit Davis - dude can really ball when healthy.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well, he was a former 4 or 5 star talent (depending on which site you use) who never really got the run he should have due to injury/transfer. Pure jumper, in the paint battler, who has time in at P5 programs/weight rooms. Pretty easy to see if you're not blinded by wanting Juiston so bad it hurts.

That's a great get for MTSU and Kermit Davis - dude can really ball when healthy.

I'm not blinded by anything. King transferred down a level for a reason

• Funny
Reactions: Ajg515

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

That's some reasonable speculation for why there would be some interest and he could surprise, but "absolute top" is stretch for a guy that has a fairly large sample of being average. If this were not such a position of need and or he was a 3 for 2 guy, sure.

CyberJJJ

Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
My list would be

2) Grad Transfer stretch 3-4) Maybe Egor from Rice I see he has said its not a guarantee he is going to play overseas...Honestly it comes down to wether you feel comfortable with Babb starting or not at the 3.

Is Lewis potentially good enough offensively to replace Babb at the 3? I keep hearing people talking about Babb as a PG, but I don't see it. He may play some point forward...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron