Baxter Ford - Omaha area

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Has anyone dealt with them? Are they reputable? Good experience?

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I bought a new truck from Baxter back in Sept 2020. Sticker price of $45k, paid under $31k, no trade-in. 10 miles on it, 4wd, quad cab. I hit at just the right time.

Then it took them about 10 weeks to get the title to me. I nearly hired a lawyer. In the end, it all worked out

Reactions: cycloneML

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
I bought a new truck from Baxter back in Sept 2020. Sticker price of $45k, paid under $31k, no trade-in. 10 miles on it, 4wd, quad cab. I hit at just the right time.

Then it took them about 10 weeks to get the title to me. I nearly hired a lawyer. In the end, it all worked out
Was it across state lines that complicated things? Bought a car in Sioux Falls and had to go to the courthouse here in Iowa and basically have them look around for it. Just set it aside and ignored it for weeks.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Was it across state lines that complicated things? Bought a car in Sioux Falls and had to go to the courthouse here in Iowa and basically have them look around for it. Just set it aside and ignored it for weeks.
They have about 20 locations, but all the titles are seemingly housed in one central spot. They eventually said they lost the title and had to get a replacement one ordered and printed. They admitted fault and offered to pay all my late fees for registration.

In the meantime, I had read multiple BBB complaints on them that I was getting pretty anxious

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
On a new truck? That's crazy. Titles on used cars from multiple locations and dozens of banks I can see, but something was off there.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
On a new truck? That's crazy. Titles on used cars from multiple locations and dozens of banks I can see, but something was off there.
I can only chalk it up to Sept 2020/COVID or massive incompetence on their end, I prefer to think it was the a covid inefficiency.

I spent a number of hour-long phone calls escalating until I got someone in upper level management. Then I started documenting with dated/numbered emails before I got real traction. The only thing that held me back from get legal help was I was afraid they'd cut off all communication and play the long game

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

That seems more driven by incompetence vs dishonesty which is more palatable

• Agree
Reactions: 8bitnes

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
I live in Iowa dealt with them twice. It wasn't at their ford dealer though. Bought a Chrysler mini van and a Jeep. Both times they accepted my offer and I wondered how low they would have went on the price. Good experiences. That location is way out west off the Dodge expressway.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Title and licensing is more difficult. I purchased a vehicle there, and the deal was decent and the people were decent, but I plan to never buy a vehicle out of state again. Loan, title, and licensing is always easier locally. I would recommend only buying out of state if you are paying cash.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Title and licensing is more difficult. I purchased a vehicle there, and the deal was decent and the people were decent, but I plan to never buy a vehicle out of state again. Loan, title, and licensing is always easier locally. I would recommend only buying out of state if you are paying cash.
That's where I'm at. When I went to the courthouse they looked around a bit and then one last grabbed the other lady and said some to her and she grabbed a file from the top of some random counter in the back of the room. There was nothing wrong or mixed up ultimately. It's like someone saw that it was from South Dakota, said 'this seems hard' and set it aside for no good reason. Been through dishonest too, but this was local laziness.