Battery powered coffee maker.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I found the solution to brewing coffee easily in the tailgating lots. Makita now makes a battery powered coffee maker that runs off their 18v batteries. Unfortunately it will only brew 3 5 oz cups of coffee on a single battery charge. This probably would prevent me from getting one unless I had makita power tools at home.
It doesnt use Keurig k cups but rather one can add coffee grounds right into the permanent filter. If I get one I will use the senseo coffee pods to keep things cleaner. https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/DCM501Z

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
converter in your car and a regular coffee maker?
Coffee makers draw a lot of power. More than I would trust to come out of an inverter plugged into a cigarette lighter. The people I have talked to that use a 2000 watt generator have to turn everything off but the coffee maker when they brew coffee.

• Informative
Reactions: 1100011CS

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Dumb question. Is filling a really nice thermos before getting there out of the question?
In years past we have stayed in our bus the night before in the tailgating lots, so that isnt an available option for me. And our power supply cant really support a traditional coffee maker.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
In years past we have stayed in our bus the night before in the tailgating lots, so that isnt an available option for me. And our power supply cant really support a traditional coffee maker.
There's all sorts of tea kettle methods you may be able to use as well.
I use a French press pretty often at home.

DJSteve

Apr 29, 2010
Ames
www.stevesmobilemusic.com
Agree. A $100+ battery powered coffee maker is making this needlessly complicated. Assuming you have some sort of a gas fired grill or cooktop, just buy a $5 tea kettle and an Aeropress or some sort of drip coffee maker designed to hold a filter and sit on top of a thermos/mug/etc. There's quite a bit of this type of stuff out there for making coffee while camping/backpacking and such.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I'm pretty aware of the options. I've boiled water with instant coffee in the past. The ease of use of this combined with the small size and minimal cleanup are big selling points to me.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
GUEST_bfb85469-5020-41ec-b2e8-16e39cbe0bfb

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron