Basketball new juco commit?

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
With that logic, you should be happier with this guy than Juiston since he averaged 17 pts at the JUCO level.

Juiston brought a lot of other stuff to the table. High motor, strong, great rebounder, GREAT interior passer.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
I'm just not seeing it, not seeing much upside with this recruit. Slashing in the Big 12 is so much harder than the level he played at. Not really much of a 3 pt game either. And why isn't anyone else recruiting him, not even lower d1 schools. Hope i'm wrong.

IIRC he wasn't heavily recruited because he was a late academic qualifier.

Given that it appears the ship has sailed on Egor, Brown, Alstork, and Edwards, this seems like a low risk, high reward addition.

Reactions: Psiclone

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I'm just not seeing it, not seeing much upside with this recruit. Slashing in the Big 12 is so much harder than the level he played at. Not really much of a 3 pt game either. And why isn't anyone else recruiting him, not even lower d1 schools. Hope i'm wrong.

Because hes a freshman with basically no basketball experience at all. Thats why and he had not been cleared to play yet..

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Kind of sucks we are not going to get Brown. Brown averaged 19 pts a game at the D1 level. This kid 18.2 at a level that is far below d1 competition. Very underwhelmed by this one.
It looks like Donovan Jackson averaged 13.6 PPG before breaking his wrist in JUCO and McGee averaged 16.5 PPG. I'd say they both turned out okay

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
we really needed Brown to have a shot IMO at being tourney team.

We're talking in past-tense mode, but I haven't found any certainties about Brown going elsewhere, although I'm largely resigned to the fact he'll go to Oregon/Gonzaga.

I think Iowa State can still make the tournament even without a grad-transfer at guard, even though having a combo 1/2 would help a lot if he could be a "scorer." But with nobody in that position and no immediate additional impact at 4/5, confidence level drops another rung.

NCAAT still is possible without those things, but it'd be a steeper climb and more youth/unproven talent would have to carry the day. I continue to try not to completely ignore potential of contributions from new players already on the roster.

str8cashhomie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 15, 2014
This kid is great athlete and has decent handles..would be more like a 4 Kenny Pratt type kid. FWIW..we really needed Brown to have a shot IMO at being tourney team.

I think this videos been posted in a thread before, but he's definitely a wing guy, not so much post. He's really athletic and has a good hesitation blow-by move getting to the basket, but obviously doesn't have great outside shooting numbers.