May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Ek2-X8fXUAIubmF

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
This is weird typing this, but I feel so disconnected from college basketball right now. It's gonna take me a few weeks of games to get back in the groove. I can't look at this schedule and realistically say who I think would win.

This must be what my wife feels like all of the time.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Nothing compelling in that list of games. Same pablum year-after-year with Ku, UK, Texas served sirloin while the rest are left with milquetoast.

Missouri could just as well have been at Ames or Manhattan. aTm could be playing any other Texas school. Frankie Martin doesn't even make the field.

Boring!

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Yeah, what others said...not an exciting matchup. Why are we ALWAYS on the road for this challenge. 'Name' programs matched with other 'name' programs, regardless if they're good or not.

At least it's a basketball game that will be fun to tune into when the day arrives. For that I am grateful.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes and surly

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
this year is going to be the longest and coldest of long, cold midwestern winters.

i'm just hoping college hoops can exist and have a season.

lowest expectations I've had in 40 yrs of cyclone hoops - just hoping Prohm can figure something out and I'll hope for the best.

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
Someone needs to explain why we have so many road games in this series!
Just a guess here, but ISU is playing the Big 12/ Big East Battle at home this season and maybe they want to keep the schedule balanced and avoid a year where both of these challenge games are on the road.

That being said, I think Iowa State has played two straight home games and two straight road games, in this series, in the past. So who knows.

• Disagree
Reactions: amishclone

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Just a guess here, but ISU is playing the Big 12/ Big East Battle at home this season and maybe they want to keep the schedule balanced and avoid a year where both of these challenge games are on the road.

That being said, I think Iowa State has played two straight home games and two straight road games, in this series, in the past. So who knows.

What home game have we had in this series besides the Tennessee blowout? Honest question as I cannot think of any others.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
As some others have said, the first two years of the SEC challenge, were home games. Out of seven years starting in 2013 through last season, we have had 3 home games and 4 away games. This year puts it at 3 home games and 5 home games. Things are getting to be off balance, so I would expect next year for us to have a home game.

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
What home game have we had in this series besides the Tennessee blowout? Honest question as I cannot think of any others.
The first two years in this series were at Hilton. Wins against Auburn and Arkansas. This year will be ISU's third straight road game. Definitely due for back to back games at Hilton.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
What makes it so difficult to just alternate home and road games each year in this series? I realize there are more teams in the SEC, perhaps that's part of the issue, but doesn't seem like we should have to do more than 2 road games in a row, for sure.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
What makes it so difficult to just alternate home and road games each year in this series? I realize there are more teams in the SEC, perhaps that's part of the issue, but doesn't seem like we should have to do more than 2 road games in a row, for sure.

If you did that, the pool of SEC schools you could play would be cut in half. For every home game ISU plays, there would be an opposite home game that an SEC team would play. Then next year, ISU would be an away team and the same SEC school would be away as well, thus you would never cross paths if you did a clean alternate home/away type schedule every year.

I am sure that the contract between the conferences is written so that each school gets the same number of home and away games.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
This is weird typing this, but I feel so disconnected from college basketball right now. It's gonna take me a few weeks of games to get back in the groove. I can't look at this schedule and realistically say who I think would win.

This must be what my wife feels like all of the time.
I feel the same way. Maybe it's because we were bad last year, and I didn't watch many games around the nation, but I can barely name any other players in the Big12. The transfer culture is definitely lessening my interest in the sport. That being said, I will still be watching every ISU game win or lose. I just don't watch any other games like I used to.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Nothing compelling in that list of games. Same pablum year-after-year with Ku, UK, Texas served sirloin while the rest are left with milquetoast.

Missouri could just as well have been at Ames or Manhattan. aTm could be playing any other Texas school. Frankie Martin doesn't even make the field.

Boring!
Ranked Texas Tech got a ranked LSU team. Ranked West Virginia got a good Florida team. Baylor got an Auburn team that finished 2nd in the SEC last year. Oklahoma State got a home game against an Arkansas team that some media lists have in their rankings.

Plenty of good games in the series this year.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron