B12 Board

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
Hey Cyclones! I’m a UCF fan and looking forward to playing you guys every year in the B12! Always liked Iowa State and Matt Campbell and hope I can go there for a game sometime.

Anyways, I was wondering if you guys would like to join a new Big 12 board and talk to other B12 conference mates as well as talk on this board. If you’re interested, here’s the link:
Big 12 Board

Not trying to spam or advertise, just want to make a place for all B12 fans to talk about things regarding the conference, and get different fans’ perspectives. If you are going to go to Orlando for a game when we play you guys for the first time, feel free to ask me any questions!

Go cyclones!

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
Welcome to the conference!

I think you should definitely head this way for a game sometime. You will have a good time!
Yep, you guys always seem to have a great atmosphere for your games. I’m also glad that it doesn’t seem like Matt Campbell is leaving anytime soon, I’d like to see him stay in Ames.

Reactions: agentbear and NWICY

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Hey Cyclones! I’m a UCF fan and looking forward to playing you guys every year in the B12! Always liked Iowa State and Matt Campbell and hope I can go there for a game sometime.

Anyways, I was wondering if you guys would like to join a new Big 12 board and talk to other B12 conference mates as well as talk on this board. If you’re interested, here’s the link:
Big 12 Board

Not trying to spam or advertise, just want to make a place for all B12 fans to talk about things regarding the conference, and get different fans’ perspectives. If you are going to go to Orlando for a game when we play you guys for the first time, feel free to ask me any questions!

Go cyclones!

In regards to going to Orlando, how can I watch the game and not have to take the wife and kids to the mouse house?

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I love the enthusiasm of the new guy, especially when you’ve been in same incarnation of our league for the past 114 years.

Reactions: CYTUTT

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Welcome UCF, glad to have you aboard. Nice having schools that want to be in the league.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
Welcome UCF, glad to have you aboard. Nice having schools that want to be in the league.
Yes us UCF fans are very excited to join the league. Fun fact, were actually the only school in FBS to have started at D3, then gone D2, then FCS (Or 1-AA as it was known back then), then FBS G5, and now P5.

Should help you guys as well, as it seems like you guys recruit Florida quite a bit.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Thanks for sharing, that’s definitely a place I’ll check out from time to time.

I saw the thread about getting more of the original eight schools to participate in there, and I kinda see it like this: the original Big 8 schools have history going wayyy back. The original SWC schools have history going wayyy back. But there’s not much culturally tying the two groups together. A true marriage of convenience. Plus the round robin has produced mild animosity between every member and the conference instability means there hasn’t been the “pride in conference” that the Big Ten and SEC may enjoy. In short, we’re all a bit jaded. I hope your board does attract more fans, but I fear you’ve got an uphill climb. Hopefully energy you new schools bring is the shot in the arm this relationship needs.

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
Thanks for sharing, that’s definitely a place I’ll check out from time to time.

I saw the thread about getting more of the original eight schools to participate in there, and I kinda see it like this: the original Big 8 schools have history going wayyy back. The original SWC schools have history going wayyy back. But there’s not much culturally tying the two groups together. A true marriage of convenience. Plus the round robin has produced mild animosity between every member and the conference instability means there hasn’t been the “pride in conference” that the Big Ten and SEC may enjoy. In short, we’re all a bit jaded. I hope your board does attract more fans, but I fear you’ve got an uphill climb. Hopefully energy you new schools bring is the shot in the arm this relationship needs.
Yeah I just couldn’t find anywhere where B12 fans seem to all come together, so I figured it would be worth a try to get some on the site with multiple other conference boards. I really enjoy interacting with other conference mates, and was hoping to get more insight into your teams and program and fanbase. I hope you guys will consider joining and help us create that community within the B12!

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Yes us UCF fans are very excited to join the league. Fun fact, were actually the only school in FBS to have started at D3, then gone D2, then FCS (Or 1-AA as it was known back then), then FBS G5, and now P5.

Should help you guys as well, as it seems like you guys recruit Florida quite a bit.
Tried to register and post on your Big12 site, took me about 5 times for that character recognition step, ugh. Now waiting for permissions to post. Anyway wanted to reply to the Cougs post as I have a son in law that Houston grad, think his notes, while not completely misdirected, was not on point, at least as far as I understood. Certainly there was push back from the Texas members (recruiting fears, I suppose), but to me Houston was much better choice than Memphis or Colorado State or Boise (other potentials). I did see some push back about the fear of a Texas centric league, but hell we have been fighting that since SWC joined us. We even lost Nebby because of UT, but that's another story. Also, Baylor was not the only school without a landing spot, ; our hope was the BIG10 would expand, but there was much angst about that on this Board (Kansas was with us) and KSU and TCU were worried also; as their hope was the PAC. ESPN appeared to want many of us in the AAC, without autonomy status and playoff slot with the new playoff expansion (and more control andless payout for content, power play). Actually, our president and AD were heavily involved; President was Chair of expansion committee. You can see it in the threads from this summer; but welcome to the BIG12!

PS: Cincy, BYU and Houston appear to be holding their weight in bowls; whar UCF :D
oops, just checked; you get the gasparilla bowl against Florida; we need a victory!!!!!
Go knights!!!:p:p

Last edited:
Reactions: BraveKnight

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
WOW, all future members playing in bowls, although BYU drew UAB in Independence, Houston drew Auburn in Birmingham Bowl (they took Alabama to the wire), UCF gets Florida (need to beat the SEC) in the Gasparilla, and of course Cincy gets Alabama in the CFP ! :D

Lots of current and future members playing in Bowls!!

Edit: Oh wait Texas is staying home:jimlad::p:p:p:p:p

Last edited: