B12 Board

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
I would say the traffic has picked up a bit at the Big 12 board. We're about a year out now. Can't wait to see you guys visit Jack Trice in late November.

View attachment 100030
In the AAC we had to play at Cincy, UConn, and Temple in the winter, so hopefully that should help us out a bit hahahahaha.

Will be interesting to see how you guys fare in the 100 degree weather in September in Orlando. Pitt and Stanford didn’t fare so well hahahahaha.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
In regards to going to Orlando, how can I watch the game and not have to take the wife and kids to the mouse house?
Well what worked for me, is I went to the bowl last year, took the whole fam. we went to Disney while there. My 6 and 9 year old said they hated it and never want to go back. We stopped a the beach for a short time on way home, and the kids said all they want to do is go to the beach next time.

Disney has ruined the experience. Everything has to be done on an AP, so everyone is walking around with their faces in their phones, more-so than usual. The crowds and lines are insane, even though they claim to be limiting the numbers. You have to schedule everything, from days at park, rides, to food. They changed the fast pass, to genie and now you can only use it about twice per day the way it works because by the time you schedule one and ride it, the next one you can schedule wont be until night. The lines were hours long for rides. Normal non popular rides were hour plus, popular rides were 2-3 hours or more. My kids did not like it at all.

They enjoyed the Animal Kingdom and Sea World because they could see the animals. But a zoo is just as good as that. The rides were impossible to get on mostly with kids. Unless you wanted to sit in line for hours.

Went 10 years ago with my oldest, who was 8 at the time, and it was so much better, we all loved it, and actually thought about getting a time share we liked it so much. Now it is just terrible.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
In the AAC we had to play at Cincy, UConn, and Temple in the winter, so hopefully that should help us out a bit hahahahaha.

Will be interesting to see how you guys fare in the 100 degree weather in September in Orlando. Pitt and Stanford didn’t fare so well hahahahaha.
I’m pretty sure the wind chill potential in mid to late November in central iowa is worse than those parts of the country. It literally can punch you in the face as soon as you go outside. There’s a reason Oklahoma and Texas refused to play us in November.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Well what worked for me, is I went to the bowl last year, took the whole fam. we went to Disney while there. My 6 and 9 year old said they hated it and never want to go back. We stopped a the beach for a short time on way home, and the kids said all they want to do is go to the beach next time.

Disney has ruined the experience. Everything has to be done on an AP, so everyone is walking around with their faces in their phones, more-so than usual. The crowds and lines are insane, even though they claim to be limiting the numbers. You have to schedule everything, from days at park, rides, to food. They changed the fast pass, to genie and now you can only use it about twice per day the way it works because by the time you schedule one and ride it, the next one you can schedule wont be until night. The lines were hours long for rides. Normal non popular rides were hour plus, popular rides were 2-3 hours or more. My kids did not like it at all.

They enjoyed the Animal Kingdom and Sea World because they could see the animals. But a zoo is just as good as that. The rides were impossible to get on mostly with kids. Unless you wanted to sit in line for hours.

Went 10 years ago with my oldest, who was 8 at the time, and it was so much better, we all loved it, and actually thought about getting a time share we liked it so much. Now it is just terrible.

We went this February, which is supposed to be the slowest time of the year at Disney World.

It. Was. Not.

We ended up having a great time, ironically thanks to the app and Genie+, but the crowds were everywhere almost all the time. We still didn’t get to do everything - couldn’t get a Genie reservation for Rise of the Resistance (they were literally gone in like a minute) and we weren’t going to stand in line for over an hour.

Part of it was people finally flocking back to the parks post-pandemic, and not caring that it was February, but part if it is also just that it’s always crowded all the time.

You’re right, there’s almost zero way to go to Disney and do anything spontaneously, everything has to be planned out in advance, from which park you’re at which day to exactly where and when you’re going to eat to which rides you’ll be able to do and which ones you’ll have to pass on. The loss of spontaneity takes a lot of joy out of the experience, I agree.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
How is this big12 board? Any good?
Looks like the design hasn't been updated for twenty years, but it's a good way to interact with fans around the conference. A lot of excited UCF & Cincinnati fans there. Not a lot of West Virginia, Oklahoma State, or Kansas State fans stopping by- I suspect because (much like CyFan) they prefer their own active boards.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
How is this big12 board? Any good?
I couldn’t get the sign up to work to post there. It’s been a few months but it was pretty slow and boring. Not much going on. Maybe it’ll change in a year or something. Fun idea but just kind of a desert now.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
We went this February, which is supposed to be the slowest time of the year at Disney World.

It. Was. Not.

We ended up having a great time, ironically thanks to the app and Genie+, but the crowds were everywhere almost all the time. We still didn’t get to do everything - couldn’t get a Genie reservation for Rise of the Resistance (they were literally gone in like a minute) and we weren’t going to stand in line for over an hour.

Part of it was people finally flocking back to the parks post-pandemic, and not caring that it was February, but part if it is also just that it’s always crowded all the time.

You’re right, there’s almost zero way to go to Disney and do anything spontaneously, everything has to be planned out in advance, from which park you’re at which day to exactly where and when you’re going to eat to which rides you’ll be able to do and which ones you’ll have to pass on. The loss of spontaneity takes a lot of joy out of the experience, I agree.
I would gladly play double of whatever it would cost me and my kids to go to Disney, in order to NOT go to Disney. I don’t care for that cluster **** at all. A good time in Florida is sitting my ass on a beach and not moving for hours.

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
I couldn’t get the sign up to work to post there. It’s been a few months but it was pretty slow and boring. Not much going on. Maybe it’ll change in a year or something. Fun idea but just kind of a desert now.
Activity has picked up in recent months. And yes it may not be grand central station but it’s pretty active and if we get more old B12 posters, it could turn into what the AAC and realignment boards are on that site, which are booming. And I haven’t done the registration in a long time, is it any different than most sites?

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Will you let us bring sun shades? One yr the A.D. didn't have sun shades (basically tents with no sides) on the list so Baylor wouldn't let them set them up even though they were in the semi (that's my understanding I could be wrong)

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
Will you let us bring sun shades? One yr the A.D. didn't have sun shades (basically tents with no sides) on the list so Baylor wouldn't let them set them up even though they were in the semi (that's my understanding I could be wrong)
I think I’ve seen teams bring them in before, so I don’t see why not. Stanford even brought in mist fans when they played us (didn’t end well for them).

Reactions: NWICY

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
This is the Big 12. This isn't the AAC. Glad to have UCF in the league by the way. This is going to be a fun conference.
Agreed, basically every team has a shot to win it, with the exception of maybe Kansas, but if they make the right hire even they could pull a 2007 type run.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Agreed, basically every team has a shot to win it, with the exception of maybe Kansas, but if they make the right hire even they could pull a 2007 type run.

Well we don't want that picking on Kansas FB is a good tradition ;)

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
You don’t think he can turn around Kansas?
I think turning it around would be a threat to go 6-6 every year and beating conference foes other than Texas. Huge lift given how little they invest in football.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron