Auburn...woof!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I hate the way Virginia plays, but better them in the final than cheater Pearl.

If ISU ever wants to get that far they'll need cohesive talent, sharing the ball and defense and if it looks like VA everyone here will love it.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The no-call on the double-dribble was an obvious missed call. It would be bad, except that refs almost never make that call. Ball-handlers get away with all sorts of double-dribble and travelling all through the game. It is not uncommon to see someone bringing the ball up court, dribble off his foot or hip, grab the ball, and start dribbling again. Thus, it could be argued that it wasn't a missed call, but a common no-call.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
The no-call on the double-dribble was an obvious missed call. It would be bad, except that refs almost never make that call. Ball-handlers get away with all sorts of double-dribble and travelling all through the game. It is not uncommon to see someone bringing the ball up court, dribble off his foot or hip, grab the ball, and start dribbling again. Thus, it could be argued that it wasn't a missed call, but a common no-call.

It is a very common thing for a no call when fouled on a 3 point attempt, it seems to me that during most games, fouling during a 3 point attempt is called less than 50% of the time. ---And a scramble under the basket with under 2 seconds left in a game the fouls are rarely called. Or those incorrect perceptions of mine? Or does a person just accept it and ignore it like most tv announcers? I am no where near an expert in this subject, just an observation.

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
Fouling the ball handler that is struggling to keep control 30+ feet from the basket with under 2 seconds left wasn't the smartest thing either. Allowed Virginia to regroup and get the corner 3 look for Guy.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Fouling the ball handler that is struggling to keep control 30+ feet from the basket with under 2 seconds left wasn't the smartest thing either. Allowed Virginia to regroup and get the corner 3 look for Guy.

And the ref was looking for the foul like everyone else which is why he missed the double dribble.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I have to say I changed the channel when Auburn was up 4 with 6.5 seconds left and a foul to give. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised to see they lost.

Reactions: CloneLawman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Yeah VA was scrambling and Auburn just needed to keep it that way.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Are we just ignoring that he got fouled? Auburn was trying to foul, did, the ref didn’t call it and he knew he missed that so he couldn’t call the double dribble.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron