Athletic department budgets

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So I've been toying with the idea of buying season tickets to donate to big brother big sister to rotate through pairs. I can't go given where I live now, but I can help fill seats and maybe grow the fanbase. What would that cost me to do?

you can get corner seats for 175 or something like that.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Do private schools not report? Didn't see Stanford, Notre Dame, Miami,Duke or USC.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So I've been toying with the idea of buying season tickets to donate to big brother big sister to rotate through pairs. I can't go given where I live now, but I can help fill seats and maybe grow the fanbase. What would that cost me to do?

If you don't need/use season tickets you can donate to the athletic department through the ISU Foundation to the athletic department building fund or their intercollegiate athletic fund. Those donations are still deductible like other charitable contributions. The only downside is that now you don't get Cyclone Club membership credit for the donation like you used to before the tax law change. Not a big deal to me since I do not donate to get tickets levels since I am not a season ticket guy. Cyclone Cub membership benefits for non-ticket holders more status than tangible for any benefits.

isu donation checklist.PNG

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Iowa gets heavy donations for the premium seating options in football. They also have much higher contributions in general from their I Club which can be used towards season tickets. This is very similar to Wisconsin, Minnesota, OK State etc...

JP is rolling the dice with lower donation minimums and cheap ticket prices. It helps inflate our attendance numbers but it hits the bottom line eventually.

It also builds the fan base for the long-term.

A lot of places are seeing decreasing attendance. Part of that is the fact that prices have been high enough, long enough, at a lot of places that they werent affordable options for families, so kids didnt get brought into fandom at early ages. Something i hope we can keep from losing.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I think lists like this should list how many sports the school supports with the AD budget.

Iowa State only has 18, I think. Most schools have more than that, including expensive ones like baseball.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
As much as I would love to see ISU field a baseball team, I also understand it will never happen without a huge donation to pay for it. ISU would be at a huge disadvantage playing games in the north. Our players would struggle getting outside to practice, while the Texas teams are practicing in temps. in the 50's.

Not a good way to invest our limited funds.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron