Athletic article on what Clemson learned from Heacock

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Good for us, I guess.
The takeaway is to have intelligent enough coaches and players to be able to be game savvy with changes.
Bellichick knew this in third grade.

CyBlock

Oct 1, 2019
Good for us, I guess.
The takeaway is to have intelligent enough coaches and players to be able to be game savvy with changes.
Bellichick knew this in third grade.

That's what the Clemson coaches knew as well. Why go to ISU to learn something that can be taught in grade school? Oh wait; they did travel, and they must have actually learned something or this article would have never been posted?? Glad they wasted their efforts on us...Also didn't know Belichick was coaching for Clemson tomorrow...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I get that, but what does it do to help ISU. Other than help the staff down the line when they are looking for jobs.

I'd imagine they talked shop about concepts and bounced around ideas of what to do with different positions.

Sadly Clemson can expand on it and do more with better players.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBlock

CyBlock

Oct 1, 2019
Again too what advantage is it to ISU helping these guys ?

Well, it means Heacock is well respected for 1. Advantage wise, would we have allowed them on Campus for a visit; and would we have given away any "trade secrets" in the process? NOOOOO. Coaches do this all the time. It's good pub for us, that is the point...

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I get that, but what does it do to help ISU. Other than help the staff down the line when they are looking for jobs.

We probably get ideas and play ideas from Clemson in exchange... and likely to never play each other so why does it hurt?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
There’s absolutely no way CMC did this without getting anything in return. He’s a good dude but I don’t think he’s that altruistic. He likely will never tell anyone what they learned from Dabo and really that’s just fine with me.

Reactions: madguy30

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

Pretty sure ISU also picked up a few ideas from the Clemson staff, and if we did not welcome them, they would just do what Baylor did and steal if from video.

This point going forward, if the ISU staff sees something that Clemson is doing that we want to use, they will return the favor.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Pretty sure ISU also picked up a few ideas from the Clemson staff, and if we did not welcome them, they would just do what Baylor did and steal if from video.

This point going forward, if the ISU staff sees something that Clemson is doing that we want to use, they will return the favor.
They already did, if you read the article it says they returned the favor and our coaches visited them, specifically to get a look at their facilities and see where upgrades were needed.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

While we were teaching them our concepts I am sure we were getting information from Venerable's too, who happens to be the best defensive mind in college football.

When I was playing the defensive coaches went to FSU one summer to learn different tricks for the Tampa 2 defense.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron