Athletic article on what Clemson learned from Heacock

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
It’s like showing your winning poker hand to others at the table. Probably part of the reason we lost our edge.

Except Clemson isn't at our poker table. They are in the high rollers section and we are at the video poker machine.

Every team does this stuff every year. It's part of a self evaluation process coaching staffs go through. A common thing they do is have other coaching staffs analyze play calling/personal/formations for tendencies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hey, do you think ISU got to meet with the Seahawks staff about 3rd down defense late in games?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
While we were teaching them our concepts I am sure we were getting information from Venerable's too, who happens to be the best defensive mind in college football.

When I was playing the defensive coaches went to FSU one summer to learn different tricks for the Tampa 2 defense.

Heacock: so now that we shared what we have done, what can we learn from you?

Venables: It starts by getting 7 NFL ready DL on your roster each year. Then just do whatever. I'm glad we could share ideas in this mutually beneficial meeting.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Heacock: so now that we shared what we have done, what can we learn from you?

Venables: It starts by getting 7 NFL ready DL on your roster each year. Then just do whatever. I'm glad we could share ideas in this mutually beneficial meeting.

And make sure you blitz from wherever you feel like so long as you have Clemson speed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron