Anyone Out There Watching Lucha Underground?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I signed up for Sling TV a few weeks ago and I've been hooked on Lucha Underground on the El Rey Network. Anyone else watching it? I used to follow WWF and WCW. Never got into WWE. However, Lucha underground is pretty awesome. It reminds me of watching Mexican wrestling and Capitol Sports Promotions in Puerto Rico. Famous latin wrestlers like Mil Mascaras, El Santo, Super Medicos, El Invader, Carlitos Colon, etc. It is pretty extreme. They perform in a small arena called The Temple and they get in the crowd pretty often. Chairs, tables, and plenty of blood in some matches.

Some of the wrestlers are definitely better than others, but great action overall. I highly recommend it if you need some wrestling to hold you over between Monday Night Raw and the Thursday show. It is on Wednesday nights, new episodes at 7:00pm central, but some older episodes before and after, I believe.

Last edited:

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I've considered watching but I haven't done so yet. I know former WWE wrestler John Morrison(not sure his name on Lucha Underground is) competes there as well.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I've considered watching but I haven't done so yet. I know former WWE wrestler John Morrison(not sure his name on Lucha Underground is) competes there as well.
I think John Morrison is still going by the same name.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Lucha Underground was nuts tonight. Highlight of the night:

[video]https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CDPOzQ6UMAEl3Dh.mp4[/video]

I was screaming my head off when I saw that!

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
John Morrison is going by the name Johnny Mundo. Alberto El Patron (used to be Del Rio) is wrestling there, as well, between runs as the AAA champion.

Lucha Underground and NXT are the two wrestling shows I watch every week, without fail. LU is so amazing. The action is great, the promos are great. They change up their plot lines to account for who gets over and who doesn't. There's a guy on the show named Phoenix who was supposed to be a 4 episode (1 taping) loaner from AAA (LU is an american sub-promotion of AAA), but everyone LOVED him, so he ended up moving up to the point that he ended up being the dude to face Prince Puma for the first title.

If you aren't watching Lucha Underground, you're missing out on the best promotion in wrestling, right now.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
John Morrison is going by the name Johnny Mundo. Alberto El Patron (used to be Del Rio) is wrestling there, as well, between runs as the AAA champion.

Lucha Underground and NXT are the two wrestling shows I watch every week, without fail. LU is so amazing. The action is great, the promos are great. They change up their plot lines to account for who gets over and who doesn't. There's a guy on the show named Phoenix who was supposed to be a 4 episode (1 taping) loaner from AAA (LU is an american sub-promotion of AAA), but everyone LOVED him, so he ended up moving up to the point that he ended up being the dude to face Prince Puma for the first title.

If you aren't watching Lucha Underground, you're missing out on the best promotion in wrestling, right now.
Yep. About the only show I watch regularly every week. Tonight's episode was amazing. I'll have to say my two favorite wrestlers are King Cuerno and Mil Muertes, but they're all pretty awesome. I also enjoy the 1 hour format, absolutely no filler bull ****. Big Ryck, Alberto El Patron, and Hernandez also used to be in the WWE for a while. I love this show and hope they renew for a second season.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
Yep. About the only show I watch regularly every week. Tonight's episode was amazing. I'll have to say my two favorite wrestlers are King Cuerno and Mil Muertes, but they're all pretty awesome. I also enjoy the 1 hour format, absolutely no filler bull ****. Big Ryck, Alberto El Patron, and Hernandez also used to be in the WWE for a while. I love this show and hope they renew for a second season.

I think it's a formality at this point. Wrestling fans wanting to watch LU have doubled the number of cable packages that carry El Ray, and they only got on the Sling deal because of Lucha Underground. They've got good money behind it (Rodriguez and Burnett), and the buzz is stupendous. I think renewal is just a matter of making it official.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
You forgot to put "OT" in the thread title. I'll let it go this time, but watch it.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Just watched my first episode last week. When do new episodes air?
What did you think of it? Tonight should be a barnburner on that three way match. King Cuerno is my favorite wrestler, but I think either Hernandez or Cage are more likely to win, since Cuerno just challenged for the title a few weeks ago.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
What did you think of it? Tonight should be a barnburner on that three way match. King Cuerno is my favorite wrestler, but I think either Hernandez or Cage are more likely to win, since Cuerno just challenged for the title a few weeks ago.

I enjoyed it. I loved the trios match, that division has some potential. Angelico's dive off the set was crazy cool. I watched that about 20 times. Pentagon is how I would design a Mexican version of The Undertaker. I think it's cool they don't have a separate division for the women either. I don't know if I'd call it a good or bad thing as much as I would call it interesting and unique. I don't have El Ray but I do have a website that uploads the episodes at a later date so I guess I'll wait for

I don't know much about Cuerno but I remember watching Hernandez and Cage in TNA. Neither look like they should be able to do half of what they can do. Cage didn't do much in TNA but Hernandez being at the top of the card in LU doesn't surprise me one bit.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I enjoyed it. I loved the trios match, that division has some potential. Angelico's dive off the set was crazy cool. I watched that about 20 times. Pentagon is how I would design a Mexican version of The Undertaker. I think it's cool they don't have a separate division for the women either. I don't know if I'd call it a good or bad thing as much as I would call it interesting and unique. I don't have El Ray but I do have a website that uploads the episodes at a later date so I guess I'll wait for

I don't know much about Cuerno but I remember watching Hernandez and Cage in TNA. Neither look like they should be able to do half of what they can do. Cage didn't do much in TNA but Hernandez being at the top of the card in LU doesn't surprise me one bit.
I don't know what it is about the show. I think they have a good mix of athleticism, power, and innovation. If you have some time look up the grave consequences match between Phoenix and Mil Muertes, where the winner had to put the loser inside a coffin and close it shut. That was pretty epic as was the trios match from 2 weeks ago. I also love that at times they'll just go right into the crowd. Overall, pretty innovative show with a few "Oh, ****!" moments every week.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Lucha Underground should be pretty good tomorrow. A 7-way match and Jack Evans formerly from TNA joining the roster.

CE0pjHLUIAANLew.jpg

CEvzRgvWoAA_IMX.jpg