***Among Us Mafia***

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Okay, finally made it back and up to speed, I was very suspicious of bothe psy and scncy, I mentioned last night about if scncy was imposter and that was why I was pushing psy to fix in Phase one. I had a limited amount of time before a marathon meeting started at work, follows by a dinner, so I had no time to contribute after 1:00.

Great job crew, glad some of us made it, sorry for the bad voting record.

Psy, if I was in your position, you should have helped me fix the reactor and let scncy do the kill. If you helped, I think I would have moved you to my innocent list. I had scncy pegged last night and was really concerned about starting phase 1 with him in the reactor. That was why I was asking specific questions about imposter mechanics.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Okay, finally made it back and up to speed, I was very suspicious of bothe psy and scncy, I mentioned last night about if scncy was imposter and that was why I was pushing psy to fix in Phase one. I had a limited amount of time before a marathon meeting started at work, follows by a dinner, so I had no time to contribute after 1:00.

Great job crew, glad some of us made it, sorry for the bad voting record.

Psy, if I was in your position, you should have helped me fix the reactor and let scncy do the kill. If you helped, I think I would have moved you to my innocent list. I had scncy pegged last night and was really concerned about starting phase 1 with him in the reactor. That was why I was asking specific questions about imposter mechanics.
The reason why PSY couldn’t help with reactor is because that was the mafia’s last hope of victory. The innos were going to finish all their tasks probably tomorrow. They were really in a tough spot.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
Hey all.

I'm thinking about attempting to host my first game and the combo of Salty's Among Us game and an idea cyfan is thinking about gave me the idea to host a murder mystery instead of a regular mafia game.

So I have a few questions for all of you.

1. Does that sound fun at all?

I found a murder mystery online and while it's supposed to be played in person like a usual murder mystery, I think I could make it work for here. However, only six people who sign up would be given a specific role and those roles are the murder suspects. We can certainly have more people play and those people would be able to interrogate the suspects and in the end guess whodunit. The suspects also won't know the solution to the murder from the beginning so they'd be submitting their guesses as well. The winner would be the person whose accusation most closely matches the solution.

2. So with that said, would people still be interested if only 6 players had roles? We could always limit the number of people who can play, but I'd prefer not to because I think following along could still be fun. I thought about the possibility of running multiple games at once, but that might be painful for me.

3. If people are interested, I would likely ask during the signup to let me know if you'd like to be in the running to be a suspect with a role (you'd need to be somewhat active/post certain things that I'll provide as host) or if you'd prefer to be a guest and just be along for the ride, ask the suspects questions, and guess whodunit at the end.

4. If you are interested, don't go hunting online for murder mysteries because you may come across the one I found and that's no fun.

Thanks for your time.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I participated in a live action murder mystery, I had a role and just a few pieces of info about myself and the rest was ad-lib. I had a blast. I'm all in on this and would love to have a role, but I don't have to have a role to participate. :D

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Vikes, I think that sounds fun. I would like to play as a guest. After messaging everyone nonstop last game I would enjoy more of a lazy role.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
First off...

Props to @bsaltyman . This was incredibly ambitious, and you pulled it off very well. Did make "power hour" extremely interesting...and fun!

And yes, murder mystery sounds fun. I'm all for it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hey all.

I'm thinking about attempting to host my first game and the combo of Salty's Among Us game and an idea cyfan is thinking about gave me the idea to host a murder mystery instead of a regular mafia game.

I found a murder mystery online and while it's supposed to be played in person like a usual murder mystery, I think I could make it work for here. However, only six people who sign up would be given a specific role and those roles are the murder suspects. We can certainly have more people play and those people would be able to interrogate the suspects and in the end guess whodunit. The suspects also won't know the solution to the murder from the beginning so they'd be submitting their guesses as well. The winner would be the person whose accusation most closely matches the solution.

2. So with that said, would people still be interested if only 6 players had roles? We could always limit the number of people who can play, but I'd prefer not to because I think following along could still be fun. I thought about the possibility of running multiple games at once, but that might be painful for me.

3. If people are interested, I would likely ask during the signup to let me know if you'd like to be in the running to be a suspect with a role (you'd need to be somewhat active/post certain things that I'll provide as host) or if you'd prefer to be a guest and just be along for the ride, ask the suspects questions, and guess whodunit at the end.

4. If you are interested, don't go hunting online for murder mysteries because you may come across the one I found and that's no fun.

Thanks for your time.
In.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hey all.

Thanks for your time.
Sounds interesting. I’d be down.

Another way to expand it is to make the suspects “couples” to add more people and probably give the suspects more opportunities to answer questions and gives more opportunities to be a suspect in general. So if it’s like Mr Green in your story to expand it, it could be Mr and Mrs Green. If only 10 sign up to be a suspect then it’s 4 couples and 2 single people you know?

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
Sounds cool Vikes! If you do it soon I’d play as one of the non-suspects as I’m starting to get busy in the field.

More importantly, what’s the story with the Lost jokes?

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
Sounds cool Vikes! If you do it soon I’d play as one of the non-suspects as I’m starting to get busy in the field.

More importantly, what’s the story with the Lost jokes?
I've never hosted a mafia game before and years ago I called dibs on hosting a Lost game. Huge fan of the show (I've seen it like 6.5 times) but haven't gotten around to setting it up to play so Fitzy always gives me a hard time about it.

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
I've never hosted a mafia game before and years ago I called dibs on hosting a Lost game. Huge fan of the show (I've seen it like 6.5 times) but haven't gotten around to setting it up to play so Fitzy always gives me a hard time about it.

Gotcha. I’m rewatching in now nightly after the girls go to bed. Great show. As I speak John is watching the orientation video at the Orchid. Also, Kate is a smokeshow.

Reactions: VikesFan22