Allen Lazard Commits to ISU

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
I love that we are finally starting to lock down Iowa talent. That is a huge step for this program.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Stealing kids from the lap of Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa. This is going to start raising some eyebrows around the state.

Do I want to play for Gary Pinkel, Ferentz, Bo Pelini...or Paul Rhoads. Easy choice right now.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
This class is shaping up very nicely. It's starting to get the point where I'm not worried about who do we lose to graduation this year so much as being excited about who it is that's going to step up as the one coming in behind them.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
This class is shaping up very nicely. It's starting to get the point where I'm not worried about who do we lose to graduation this year so much as being excited about who it is that's going to step up as the one coming in behind them.

Lazard is the first commit for 2014. Unfortunately we all have to wait for 2014 to see him play for ISU.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
That would be the next class. He is 2014. That is one of the earliest verbals I can remember.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I've gone to quite a few Urbandale games over the past couple of years (and more, really).....this guy has made some of the craziest catches I've ever seen a high schooler make. He's made DBs look silly out there, and yes, I realize they're just high school level DBs, but still. I'm talking about DBs who have turned and located the ball in the air, and Allen just takes it away from them.

I'm stoked. The only downside is that sometimes it seems like he takes plays off if he's not the primary.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
[video=youtube;nJHfe76h7WU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJHfe76h7WU[/video]

looks like this kid will fit in fred hoiberg's system well

CyAndrew23

Dec 28, 2011

He's 2014, but your point is still valid

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
My bad. Should have checked the year. I just assumed it was a late '13 commit. Either way I think we can all agree CPR knows how to use the ******* gas pump.

Reactions: Ry4Cy