Alamo tickets

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
If you go to the Alamo site and that'll take you to Ticketmaster.

Almost in every section that ISU has there is a row that is available for purchase and those are obstructed viewed seats.

I feel bad for the cyclone fans that will go through the athletic website and end up with those.

If those seats are available for purchase, that means they haven't been given to the ISU AD yet.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
If we bought through ISU, and requested the $135 tickets, is there any shot that we get them as non-donors, but 12+ year season ticket holders?

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
It may not matter to you but that's the visitor's side. Tix on the ISU side are going for more.

Yeah, I tried to find out last night which side was ISU's, but they didn't have that info available, so I took a chance. Oh well, I sat on the visitor side at last year's Liberty Bowl and we won, so I'm probably doing our team a favor.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Just pulled the trigger on 4 in section 137. For some odd reason the reseller had these listed $100 less than the two right next to it from TM.

• Winner
Reactions: cyclonpediaJoe

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
I bought tickets through the university for the 1st Liberty Bowl. Paid good money and got horrible seats. Swore I'd never do that again. I bought 2 tickets for Section 313, row 13 from Stub Hub and paid $200 total (including all fees). Very happy with my view.

https://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/alamo_bowl/#/p;86__p_313_2/
Its sad and scary that trying to do what is right...helping the reputation of your schools, one ends up getting screwed. I want to buy through ISU, but I am scared with what I am reading here. My liberty bowl tickets were not good either so I am debating if I shouldn't use ISU athletic dept. I hate to think that it hurts ISU if we don't buy through them, but I want to get good value for what I pay for.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Just pulled the trigger on 4 in section 137. For some odd reason the reseller had these listed $100 less than the two right next to it from TM.

Lots of variety on Stub Hub. I just saw some for $159 right next to ones for $581.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
I bought tickets through the university for the 1st Liberty Bowl. Paid good money and got horrible seats. Swore I'd never do that again. I bought 2 tickets for Section 313, row 13 from Stub Hub and paid $200 total (including all fees). Very happy with my view.

https://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/alamo_bowl/#/p;86__p_313_2/
So you are in Pac-12 bench? I guess we need people to be respond to the "Cyclone" "Power" chants on the other side of the stadium, I might join you on that side.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Its sad and scary that trying to do what is right...helping the reputation of your schools, one ends up getting screwed. I want to buy through ISU, but I am scared with what I am reading here. My liberty bowl tickets were not good either so I am debating if I shouldn't use ISU athletic dept. I hate to think that it hurts ISU if we don't buy through them, but I want to get good value for what I pay for.

I wouldn't worry about the university. They will still do great with ticket sales.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I thought I would go through the university and pulled up my Iowa State app, and chose tickets. Got 4 - $55($66.25) tickets in section 308, row 20. I didn't know that Iowa State tickets were $80 minimum. Not sure why/how I bypassed this process while using an Iowa State app.

But I have confirmation from Ticketmaster that I have four mobile tickets. I am a 21 year season ticket holder that has been a Cyclone Club member the whole time and have been to half the bowl games. FWIW, my tickets in Memphis were about 10 from the top of the stadium on the goal line.

• Winner

pru4isu

Oct 5, 2009
Ankeny, IA
So if you buy through StubHub, you get mobile tickets sent to your email address, and then the tickets are on your Android or iPhone with an email? This usually works fine? No issues with that ever?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
So if you buy through StubHub, you get mobile tickets sent to your email address, and then the tickets are on your Android or iPhone with an email? This usually works fine? No issues with that ever?

Works great, just pull up your phone and show them the bar code for all tickets.

• Agree

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Just screenshot the mobile tickets so you don't have to worry about cell service.