AI has gone far enough

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I did read the entire chat in the NY times article. Now I'm officially freaked out.

no-sir-i-dont-like-it.gif

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The AI articles are sort of like when your 10 year old learns a musical instrument or uses garage band and makes a song.

On one hand it’s pretty impressive that they can do something that goes beyond pure random noise and almost sounds like something that could pass as a song.

On the other hand it’s a ******* horrible song and if someone serious about music put that out they would properly be banned forever from making music again in a just society.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
The AI articles are sort of like when your 10 year old learns a musical instrument or uses garage band and makes a song.

On one hand it’s pretty impressive that they can do something that goes beyond pure random noise and almost sounds like something that could pass as a song.

On the other hand it’s a ******* horrible song and if someone serious about music put that out they would properly be banned forever from making music again in a just society.
It's actually more cryptic than that I think. It's just reflecting our own collective persona back on us. It's not thinking, is simply analyzing human behavior through our text and giving us an output. Says more about us than an actual AI.

Postface: actual AI still could be evil in the end though.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

But it is only a matter of time before our garage band 10 year old AI grows up...

Reactions: khardbored

Help Support Us

Become a patron