AC replacement

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Looking to do this now. It was 79 in our house last night and we had the same issue at the beginning of last summer. 18 year old unit as far as I know

KremitGreens

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2020
I own my own hvac business in council bluffs. If you have any questions shoot me a message.

If you’re paying over 10K, highly recommend you keep searching.

AlienClone5

Sep 22, 2015
We went with a small company. Would use them again as they were very responsive and were able to help us out when everybody else was two to three weeks out. Family business

northwaysheating.com
Going through this process today, and we are using northways heating& cooling. Estimate around $8400, 72 degrees and Bell Bros came in just over $9k. These were all cheaper units as hoping to move soon.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Going through this process today, and we are using northways heating& cooling. Estimate around $8400, 72 degrees and Bell Bros came in just over $9k. These were all cheaper units as hoping to move soon.

Yikes. I have a quote tomorrow. Was hoping to be under $5k.

Reactions: KremitGreens

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
If your furnace is in good shape and you’re planning to stay in your house for awhile I’d look into the cost of getting a heat pump (unit both heats and cools, furnace acts as your blower and auxiliary heat on the coldest days). Efficient enough that it could save you money over the long run.

Reactions: Clonedogg

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Highly recommend Lenz Heating & Cooling. Been using them since they started and I've not been disappointed. Al is a Christian and a Veteran...super friendly and honest. His wife Jenny is charge of the office team, and they all do a really nice job. The prices are always great, and I never wonder whether I'm getting ripped off or not.

AlienClone5

Sep 22, 2015
Yikes. I have a quote tomorrow. Was hoping to be under $5k.
Mine was for furnace and a/c. Replacing one you will be under 5k, but both mine were originals with house (roughly 22 years), so instead of possibly dealing with this again later I decided to just replace both now.

Reactions: Dopey

cyclone618

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 2, 2011
Ankeny
A couple mentioned Bell Brothers and I would recommend them as well. Not sure about current costs but we replaced our AC, coil and furnace 10 years ago and still use them for a service contract.

KremitGreens

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2020
Man… my full systems with a heat pump is $8900.00. Des Moines companies are raking it in

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
A couple mentioned Bell Brothers and I would recommend them as well. Not sure about current costs but we replaced our AC, coil and furnace 10 years ago and still use them for a service contract.

They did some adjusting on our newish existing furnace when they were here and it was night and day after they were done. We had issues getting heat and AC everywhere and Evidently it was as simple as adjusting the blower motor.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Northways was who came out the other night. He and Lozier are around 4k for j u st AC.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
We've had trouble with ours the last few seasons, but she kicked on earlier this week. Maybe I can limp along for a few more years.

Ours was done in 2006 or 2009 and apparently we're about at the expected end of life. :eek:

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
We just got an American Standard last August. AC and install was a little over $3,000. Works great.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
We replaced AC, Furnace and water heater last week. Went with a York brand through Lozier.
I’d say I’d recommend them, but might need to hold off to see how the next few days go.

Turned the brand new AC on Monday. Woke up Tuesday and house was 75 degrees. Like and idiot I didn’t call Tuesday even though I couldn’t get below 75.
Tech came out yesterday and said the coil in the condenser had over heated and burnt up.
Now the house is 85 and waiting to see if they can get the parts today.

The kicker is that the equip we replaced was 20 years old but running fine. We just wanted to replace it in case it died in the middle of summer or winter..

cychhosis

May 12, 2006
S.E. Iowa
Thoughts on Bryant in Ankeny? My daughter got an estimate on furnace, air and water heater of $11k for approximately 1000 sq.ft. Townhouse. Should we be shopping around?

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I just got an estimate from Lazer Home Services for:
  • furnace (40,000 btu, 96% efficiency)
  • air conditioner (2 ton, 14 seer)
  • water heater (40 gallon gas power vent)
Total cost to install all 3 is $9,752.

My current air and furnace are 14 years old. Furnace works ok but air conditioner has a leak and needs to be recharged annually. Current water heater works ok but is 17 years old.

Think I'm gonna accept the quote above and replace them all.

• Agree
Reactions: SECyclone

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I just got an estimate from Lazer Home Services for:
  • furnace (40,000 btu, 96% efficiency)
  • air conditioner (2 ton, 14 seer)
  • water heater (40 gallon gas power vent)
Total cost to install all 3 is $9,752.

My current air and furnace are 14 years old. Furnace works ok but air conditioner has a leak and needs to be recharged annually. Current water heater works ok but is 17 years old.

Think I'm gonna accept the quote above and replace them all.
Depending on the size of your family, go bigger than 40 gallons. I regret going that small and there are only 3 of us.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk and DSMCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron