7/11 Weather Thread - Eastern Iowa

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Thought Thursday was rough with downed trees. Today didn't have the wind up here, but the hail more than made up for it.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
lots of trees/limbs down in and around the Alburnett area, corn was definitely damaged as well to the east along Burnett station RD. Central City had a tree down over a power line causing a fire on the north side it looked like driving by on Hwy 13, and more corn damage as well. definitely felt the wind blowing around our SUV on 380 just north of CR before hand as well.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Very strong winds in Clarence. Lots of trees down. Power was out for about 3 1/2 hours.

One house about a half block north of me had a tree fall on it. They had about a half dozen guys with chainsaws working for several hours. Tough situation for them, for sure.

One block East and down a bit they had a Basketball hoop stand blow over. Must have hit the car parked in the drive next to it as the rear window was shattered. I expect it then got soaked because the wind hit first then the showers.

My neighbor immediately to the East had a huge limb fall in her back yard and a few smaller ones in the front. Just down the street on the other side the guy had his fairly large maple twisted and broken/splintered. Totally a goner.

To my immediate north I noticed their trampoline was lying on edge wedged up against their wooden fence.

I saw all this just walking the dog just before dusk.

Fortunately I only had a few small branches down and the furniture blew off the back deck.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron