3x3 tournament

TrulyCyclone

Jul 31, 2021
Whoops, that was supposed to be a reply to the question about Texas' team.

Our gals have looked dominant, very impressive showing. Hope they can keep winning, it's a fun format and always good notoriety to win these kinda things. Lexi is missing her shot, if she can get em falling we'll win.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I finally watched, using the links I just posted.
This ISU team is built for 3x3. Since all four can shoot, the opposing team can't get away with using a player who can't defend the perimeter. And none of our players are particularly short either. Really, all four are essentially interchangeable, although certainly they all have their strengths (Joens shooting, Ryan passing, Donarski perimeter defense, Diew post defense).

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
They need to come out to Spokane for the hoop fest tournament. Largest one around. It would be a blast to go out and cheer them on.
I suspect BF won’t want the playing in very many of these. Don’t want to raise the chance for season ending injury to any of what is likely four of his stating five.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I think I heard we play at 910 this morning, is that right? Is there a place to see the bracket and game times?

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I suspect BF won’t want the playing in very many of these. Don’t want to raise the chance for season ending injury to any of what is likely four of his stating five.
BF is a big fan of our players representing their countries. Since this is a Team USA event, I'm sure he jumped at the chance to send not only a team, but the best team possible (Ashley, Emily, and Lexi were clearly the top three, and Nyamer has turned out to be a great 4th selection). I wouldn't expect him to be as big on summer events not affiliated with Team USA or Olympic committees in other countries.

Reactions: Royalclone

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
21-8 victory over Seattle with 26.9 sec left. I love watching us play this type of game!

Reactions: RocketCy and bawbie

TrulyCyclone

Jul 31, 2021
A seemingly more difficult game until we won by our second largest margin. Just pesky tenacious defense from our women, fun to watch.

Last edited:

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I made a mistake by trying to rewind to see when Unlimited did not clear the 3 point line. Had to watch the whole game to that point again. Would love to see some video control over the viewing.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
21-8 victory over Seattle with 26.9 sec left. I love watching us play this type of game!
I love watching too. Next game will be tough. Lauren Cox will be a real handful.
We are made for this game. Diew really came on last season, and she will really benefit from this experience. Great for her confidence - imho.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I made a mistake by trying to rewind to see when Unlimited did not clear the 3 point line. Had to watch the whole game to that point again. Would love to see some video control over the viewing.
I didn’t see it in real time, only on the replay of the sequence leading to the foul, I think. Probably wouldn’t have noticed then either if the announcers hadn’t both mentioned it.