CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Is Dateline the show where you always get introduced to the killer in the first 3-4 minutes but you keep watching anyway hoping for some good commercials?

200_d.gif

• Haha
Reactions: throwittoblythe

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
For certain now, Brock Purdy will return for his senior season. He was so far off today, he wouldn't even get a free agent look from any NFL team. I once was so impressed with his pinpoint accuracy, but today he just didn't have it.

To be fair how many times did he have time to set and throw? Short stuff out to the receivers may have been a more productive way to go. Get the ball out and let them make a play post-catch.

Reactions: motorcy90

CyVolk

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2017
Disappointing game but it’s just one game. It’ll be interesting to see if the players can refocus and still deliver a memorable season.

I‘m not worried about Brock. He will be fine. He couldn’t get into rhythm and had a tough outing. Reminded me of my golf game. Shoot 95 one day and 79 the next...same course, same weather, different swing.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I realized at half time I just don't have the same level of interest in this as in previous years. Not having sports for 6 months, being cooped up in my house, and spending time with my kids made me realize I was too invested in the athletic pursuits of teenagers and 20-somethings.

A loss sucks, but don't let it define you personally.

I'm pretty much with you, I was really excited when I woke up today because well we have FB, had to work so friend texted me updates, when we lost it I was a little bummed then went on with life.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Disappointing game but it’s just one game. It’ll be interesting to see if the players can refocus and still deliver a memorable season.

I‘m not worried about Brock. He will be fine. He couldn’t get into rhythm and had a tough outing. Reminded me of my golf game. Shoot 95 one day and 79 the next...same course, same weather, different swing.

ISU shot 79 today. Probably be in the 90’s in a couple weeks

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale
New year same Iowa State. Sick of the same old ****. I bought into the hype too much. Nothing changes. We as fans continue to get **** on. Done giving money to this athletic department

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
If only the profs would have taken a pay cut.

In all seriousness, i was as mad as ever have been for like twenty minutes after the game, but got over it pretty fast.

Ive noticed as i get older i still get really upset but it doesnt last nearly as long. Ten years ago this would have ruined my week not just part of my Saturday

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If only the profs would have taken a pay cut.

In all seriousness, i was as mad as ever have been for like twenty minutes after the game, but got over it pretty fast.

Ive noticed as i get older i still get really upset but it doesnt last nearly as long. Ten years ago this would have ruined my week not just part of my Saturday

I got a little weird in the 3rd quarter but by the 4th I had seen this show before and accepted it.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
My brother texted me this week all excited that the game was going to be on ESPN.

I replied that nothing could be more ISU than to lose to a non-P5 on the big stage. He said that would be pretty embarrassing.

I didn't watch the game. He texted me at one point. "ISU looks like crap." So I was not surprised to see the final result. Only the margin of the beat down.

AFter 44 years of following ISU football you learn. New season, new hopes... same old nut-cup.

Help Support Us

Become a patron