SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The 11 1/2 game lead is almost all gone. And the rotation looks pretty wormy now.....no one is reliable, Pineda on the injured list. Meanwhile Cleveland, who ranks #3 in MLB in team ERA, is hoping to get two-time Cy Young winner Cory Kluber back soon.

If I thought praying would help, I'd do it. But the good Lord has a lot more important things to worry about than baseball games.

I just hope Cruz's wrist isn't something that nags at him for the rest of the season. :(

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Dropping 3 in a row at home is not a good look. The rest of our schedule looks favorable, with 9 games against Cleveland really being the most scary match-up (at Boston is no picnic either). If we can come out of those 9 games over .500, we should be in good shape.

We really need to get 2 of these next 3 and stop the bleeding. Cleveland closed the gap quicker than I thought they would. It really goes to show what good pitching can do.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY and SCyclone

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
The pattern of being down by five or six after four innings obviously isn't good. Why we continue to save the bullpen is the headscratcher for me.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
The pattern of being down by five or six after four innings obviously isn't good. Why we continue to save the bullpen is the headscratcher for me.

To be fair, when I look at our bullpen, they don't exactly exude a 'we can put a stop to all of this scoring' vibe.

I could be off, but I sorta feel like Rocco and Wes think we can put 5-6 runs on the board and don't go to the bullpen when the starters clearly don't have "it" on a given day. It's a dangerous game to play and it won't work against teams that can keep adding to the lead as the game progresses (like, basically every playoff team)

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY and CTTB78

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Not feeling good. Need to go 2-2 at least in this series.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
To be fair, when I look at our bullpen, they don't exactly exude a 'we can put a stop to all of this scoring' vibe........

Agree, but at least I'd like to see Rocco try and go down fighting. Assuming we make the playoffs, it will be interesting to see how big of a lead Rocco will give up before we see middle relief. Hopefully Dyson returns to form in that role.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
To be fair, when I look at our bullpen, they don't exactly exude a 'we can put a stop to all of this scoring' vibe.

I could be off, but I sorta feel like Rocco and Wes think we can put 5-6 runs on the board and don't go to the bullpen when the starters clearly don't have "it" on a given day. It's a dangerous game to play and it won't work against teams that can keep adding to the lead as the game progresses (like, basically every playoff team)
This is a good take. I hadn’t thought of that before but I would bet this line of thinking has got to be used in some games.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Losing Cruz for at least 10 days is a big blow. He was the hottest player in the bigs the last two weeks.
Hopefully Smeltzer can show Gibson and Perez how it's done tonight. Need to get the early lead and hopefully be able to use Romo and Rogers.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Needed Ozo to come up big last night and he did. If they can split this series maybe they'll get on a little roll. Getting Cruz, Big Mike, and maybe Dyson back week will be a big help.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Just gotta weather this until healthy. Fatten up on weak teams.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
For those watching, how close was the play at homeplate in the bottom of the ninth?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Good to read that the Twins players aren't fretting about this little downturn, but I wish they would stir up some urgency. Milwaukee can hit right along with them, and their pitching has been suspect as well. Could be an interesting 2 games.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Good to read that the Twins players aren't fretting about this little downturn, but I wish they would stir up some urgency. Milwaukee can hit right along with them, and their pitching has been suspect as well. Could be an interesting 2 games.
As a Cub fan in Minnesota I would prefer the Twins kick the **** out of Milwaukee.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
In all seriousness, Indians have done better so far almost halfway through their August schedule which is heavy on plus .500 teams than I thought they would. Still, the nine roads games left this month against the Yanks, Mets and Rays won't be easy pickings for them. Hat's off to them if they run through those nine games at better than .500.

Help Support Us

Become a patron