'22 QB Rocco Becht Commits

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
I’m not worried about “blue bloods”. He’s very committed.

I might be a tiny bit concerned I’d his Dad’s alma mater came calling.

Oh. And I think all the “blue bloods” already have their QB committed. There aren’t really all that many of them, after all.

His dad's alma mater wanted him badly. I assume they'll keep recruiting him though.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It happens on occasion

Russell Wilson recently

Fran Tarkenton, BIlly Kilmer, Len Dawson from old days - I suppose everyone was a few inches shorter overall?

On the other end of the spectrum, taller certainly did help these folks:

Brock Osweiller 6'7"
JaMarcus Russle 6'6"
Paxton Lynch 6'7"
Dan McGwire 6' 8" (taken in 1st round of draft that say Brett Favre go in 2nd round)

Avg NFL QB height is 6' 3"
Favre was first round.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I’m not worried about “blue bloods”. He’s very committed.

I might be a tiny bit concerned I’d his Dad’s alma mater came calling.

Oh. And I think all the “blue bloods” already have their QB committed. There aren’t really all that many of them, after all.
Good point. Where did his Dad go?

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
His dad's understanding of the game is a plus compared to simply being a legacy recruit of a typical alum. His dad will want him to join the better program with the better coaching staff and the better culture.

This. And his dad didn't play in the Big 12 when at WVU so there isn't any of the animosity from him towards an old conference foe like say..................Pitt.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
His dad's understanding of the game is a plus compared to simply being a legacy recruit of a typical alum. His dad will want him to join the better program with the better coaching staff and the better culture.
“His dad’s understanding of the game” means that he’d understand that Neal Brown is doing a fine job at WVU in his own right, just a couple of years behind CMC’s curve.

Until WVU lands a QB in this class, I’m not sure they won’t decide to try to make a run at Rocco. I’m also not sure they’d have any luck, but that book isn’t closed until then.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
This. And his dad didn't play in the Big 12 when at WVU so there isn't any of the animosity from him towards an old conference foe like say..................Pitt.

Interesting twist to this. If you read to the bottom of Swain's article it says that Devin Kargman's team beat Becht's team in the finals so maybe he was the best. He apparently has an offer from West Virginia along with interest from North Carolina and Iowa.