2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I usually don't buy into the people claiming "scripted" in other sports, but watching the women's tournament certainly makes you question it sometimes

I’m with you. Either the officiating is horrendously bad, or there’s a directive somewhere to get teams to advance for ratings. Teams with star players are getting more than the benefit of the doubt.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Colorado better be prepared for 8 on 5. Refs have their orders that a Reese Clark rematch needs to happen.
There is absolutely zero chance Colorado wins today barring Iowa not being able to put the ball in the hoop. The NCAA and ESPN absolutely needs the Iowa/LSU rematch.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Good lord, "the fix is in" crowd is all in on conspiracy by NCA and ESPN. :rolleyes:

Colorado will be a tough matchup for Iowa. The whole Pac-12 plays pretty good defense while the Big Ten is more a scoring league (IMHO).

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
********. WVU is a foul a minute team, it's their jam. Sometime they get called for it and don't prevail and other times they get away with. Pretty much called just like our game in Ames versus them with the same free-throw disparity to the Cyclones advantage.

I think all of WVU's fouls were fouls and they probably could have even called more, but Iowa should have had at least a few more fouls called on them. That one hooking foul that was reviewed to see if it was a flagrant on WVU...the Iowa player was doing the exact same thing simultaneously, just an example.

We all know sometimes what happens is the other team does end up fouling more than they usually do. I think Iowa probably fouled more than they usually do, and weren't called for it.

It's not the worst thing in the world though, it's a better officiating result than the common games where Huggins opponents would end up with MORE fouls than WVU did.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Right on the edge of a turnover but that was some insane ball movement on Iowa's first three.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Clark is gonna fly right by these two slow bigs all game for layups and assists. This could be ugly, WVU was far tougher matchup and good they got them at home.

Colorado should go smaller immediately if they have any decent guards and wings on the bench.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
CU can’t hit the broad side of a barn.

I do like how they are pushing the ball up court. Seems like they’re trying to take advantage of CCs lack of hustle on D.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
#21 (is that Vonleh?) is KILLING them on defense. She'd need to score 30 to make up for it.

Yeah not sure how you 100% rectify that, but they need to exploit that on offense rather than get into a shooting contest with IA/Clark

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Colorado is big, but they can’t shoot worth a s**t. Missing wide open looks.

They need to just feed their two bigs all day and stop with the 3’s.

• Agree
Reactions: throwittoblythe

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Colorado is big, but they can’t shoot worth a s**t. Missing wide open looks.

They need to just feed their two bigs all day and stop with the 3’s.

Even their guards are penetrating well. I’m assuming CU’s coach has noticed that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron