2024-2025 Recruiting Thread

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI

Are we expecting anything here? IIRC someone listed him as a visitor at the Iowa Dual?

Would be a good add if we can land him. Seems like a high upside kid, must be growing a ton. NE runner-up at 152 as a freshman, state champ at 170 as sophmore, wrestling 190 this year and projects as 197/285? Got to think he's going to have a ton of upside once he's filled out and comfortable at his eventual size.

Reactions: NEIACyclone

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Sucks Deluca is going to Iowa, really like him..and we need a good 125 recruit. I know Deluca came here for an official, but how close were we to actually landing him. Also, when (if ever) have we won a head-to head recruiting battle against Iowa?..

431Welch

Apr 15, 2020
Sucks Deluca is going to Iowa, really like him..and we need a good 125 recruit. I know Deluca came here for an official, but how close were we to actually landing him. Also, when (if ever) have we won a head-to head recruiting battle against Iowa?..
I'd say ISU won the Chittum battle. Echemendia was looking at Iowa before committing to tOSU. All I can think of of the top of my head, but I'm positive there are more. ISU has had a lot of good wrestlers.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I'd say ISU won the Chittum battle. Echemendia was looking at Iowa before committing to tOSU. All I can think of of the top of my head, but I'm positive there are more. ISU has had a lot of good wrestlers.
I can’t think of one in the last decade. There was no recruiting battle with Chittum. He fled Iowa once the Ferraris started coming.

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Haha I'm well aware we have had a lot of good wrestlers. Been a hardcore ISU Wrestling fan my whole life. Chittum wasn't a win over Iowa in recruiting. Pretty sure we weren't in his top5 originally. Brands just chose a horrible family (Ferraris) over Cody, and we were the benefactor. AE was committed to us, then flipped to tOSU. I don't remember him choosing us over Iowa? I think he did visit there after he de-committed from us and before he committed to tOSU. I'm not being a ****, I just honestly don't remember us winning a recruiting battle (for a high ranked recruit) over Iowa in my lifetime.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
As much fan fare as there is over the Ferrari's, the one currently there didn't exactly tear up the Luther Open. Or am I missing some match scores/results?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
As much fan fare as there is over the Ferrari's, the one currently there didn't exactly tear up the Luther Open. Or am I missing some match scores/results?
The one that is currently there is definitely the worst of the 3 and he did beat Iowa’s starting 49 who is solid but not great.

I’m highly skeptical AJ ever wrestles for them.

Reactions: Tigerguy_

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
The one that is currently there is definitely the worst of the 3 and he did beat Iowa’s starting 49 who is solid but not great.

I’m highly skeptical AJ ever wrestles for them.
The idea of a Swiderski/Ferrari match that ultimately will turn into a boxing match is awful exciting.

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022

Elite 149​

Anthony Ferrari's (UNATTACHED) place is 1st and has scored 29.5 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Anthony Ferrari (Unattached) received a bye () (Bye)

Champ. Round 2 - Anthony Ferrari (Unattached) won by tech fall over Lauden Edwards (Coe) (TF 18-2)

Champ. Round 3 - Anthony Ferrari (Unattached) won by fall over Diego Garcia (Luther) (Fall 1:53)

Quarterfinal - Anthony Ferrari (Unattached) won by major decision over Charlie Dojan (Wartburg) (Maj 11-3)

Semifinal - Anthony Ferrari (Unattached) won by fall over Cade Siebrecht (Iowa) (Fall 3:40)

1st Place Match - Anthony Ferrari (Unattached) won by decision over Victor Voinovich (Iowa) (Dec 2-1)

Reactions: 4theheckofit