2024-2025 Recruiting Thread

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
First in season goal next year has to be beat Iowa. Based on current rosters how does that look?

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Talked with a club coach over the weekend and he swears all the Ferraris will end up at Iowa. Just waiting to let everything calm down after the fiasco at the Soldier Salute.
Ha, calm down? I've never seen anything like that and doubt I ever do again. I don't think anyone's forgetting that fiasco. Hope they do. They'll be a cancer.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Dresser is cooking up something big. I definitely expect us to get a big transfer. That what makes Dresser awesome. He tells it like it is
I’d like to go back and look and see how transfers did this year. Maybe I will this week sometime. Off the top of my head, Feldkamp didn’t AA, Spratley didn’t, Deaugustino didn’t, Caleb smith did, Nagao failed, Chris Cannon didn’t even get to wrestle so failed, Gomez to the finals, Franek 8th, Caliendo did well placed, Davison to the finals, Mesenbrink to the finals. Lots of uncertainty with the transfers

Cyclone Pfan

Dec 7, 2022
Is that really what we're looking for?
Cyclones.com lists Kysen as a senior, but didn't recall if he had another season of eligibility.

Comparing next year to this year, all we NEED out of 125 is a few points as an NCAA qualifier (Kysen scored 0.5) to bring home a trophy. I agree that more than that is always better.

But that assumes we can replace Feldkamp's points at 184 and Yonger can replace David's points. Then hope the rest of the guys can place 1 place higher.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Cyclones.com lists Kysen as a senior, but didn't recall if he had another season of eligibility.

Comparing next year to this year, all we NEED out of 125 is a few points as an NCAA qualifier (Kysen scored 0.5) to bring home a trophy. I agree that more than that is always better.

But that assumes we can replace Feldkamp's points at 184 and Yonger can replace David's points. Then hope the rest of the guys can place 1 place higher.
Talked with Kysen last night and he said he has 2 years of eligibility left. He’s going to for sure use one of those next year, but isn’t sure if his body will hold up for 2 more

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa

Kysen has at least one more season and will have 2 if he wants to take his medical redshirt year (he should easily get that). So he’d have 2 years left

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Based on Dresser's post match comments I'd say 125 is open for business.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Talked with a club coach over the weekend and he swears all the Ferraris will end up at Iowa. Just waiting to let everything calm down after the fiasco at the Soldier Salute.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240324-133132_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324-133132_Chrome.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 39

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
I’d like to go back and look and see how transfers did this year. Maybe I will this week sometime. Off the top of my head, Feldkamp didn’t AA, Spratley didn’t, Deaugustino didn’t, Caleb smith did, Nagao failed, Chris Cannon didn’t even get to wrestle so failed, Gomez to the finals, Franek 8th, Caliendo did well placed, Davison to the finals, Mesenbrink to the finals. Lots of uncertainty with the transfers
How does a guy like Messenbrink get missed out of hs and end up out at Cal Baptist ?

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
How does a guy like Messenbrink get missed out of hs and end up out at Cal Baptist ?
He didn’t really blow up until his senior year and had already committed to Cal Baptist and elected to stay committed but then bailed after a year. Crazy enough, MJ Gaitan was also committed to Cal Baptist as part of the same class. MJ’s stock went flying up his senior year as well and he flipped to us.

Messenbrink kind of did Cal Baptist dirty IMO by going out there for a year, redshirting when he clearly would have been the best guy at the weight for their team (he was wrestling a ton of freestyle instead) and then bailing out to go to Penn State.

Reactions: 4theheckofit

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron