2024-2025 Recruiting Thread

cywr89

May 14, 2009
I wouldn’t expect the portal to get heavy until after U20 Nationals (4/24) or at least mid-April. I assume most get kicked out of the room if they are transferring so they may not want to announce too early.

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
Where did I say anything about them not being good gets in my post? I was talking about how he will use the talking heads underrating him as motivation?

Edit: actually is this an April fools? I can’t for the life of me figure out how you got that out of what I said at all
I was defending the staff, who I love, and the class. But they don't need me. You are correct and you were looking for some answers. As in all classes some of the guys will not pan out and others will or do better than expected. Hopefully they all pan out. GO CYCLONES. It is so good to see this board so active again with great Cyclone fans.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I was defending the staff, who I love, and the class. But they don't need me. You are correct and you were looking for some answers. As in all classes some of the guys will not pan out and others will or do better than expected. Hopefully they all pan out. GO CYCLONES. It is so good to see this board so active again with great Cyclone fans.
But I'm still confused how you got me saying any of those guys were bad? I didn't say anything except agree that Herrera was criminally underrated and how he might use that as extra fuel to prove the talking heads they were wrong in doing so

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
But I'm still confused how you got me saying any of those guys were bad? I didn't say anything except agree that Herrera was criminally underrated and how he might use that as extra fuel to prove the talking heads they were wrong in doing so
I apologize. Please forgive me. I meant know harm. I will just read and support.

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
2025 recruit, Carlos Stanton, is an All-American at 145 at the NHSCA Junior Nationals in Virginia Beech. He made the 5th place match but forfeited that one to finish 6th. Dorian Olivarez (TX) won this weight class by pinning top 2025 UNI recruit, Logan Paradice (GA). Paradice is the #32 2025 recruit on MatScouts big board. Oliverez went 7-0 with 5 falls to take the title. This is the same kid I mentioned last month who beat #1 ranked Manville and #3 ranked Braun to win the title at USAW Folkstyle Nationals in Cedar Falls. Olivarez looks like a 141/149 if he does end up wrestling in college. Just an absolute savage on the mat.

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
2025 recruit, Carlos Stanton, is an All-American at 145 at the NHSCA Junior Nationals in Virginia Beech. He made the 5th place match but forfeited that one to finish 6th. Dorian Olivarez (TX) won this weight class by pinning top 2025 UNI recruit, Logan Paradice (GA). Paradice is the #32 2025 recruit on MatScouts big board. Oliverez went 7-0 with 5 falls to take the title. This is the same kid I mentioned last month who beat #1 ranked Manville and #3 ranked Braun to win the title at USAW Folkstyle Nationals in Cedar Falls. Olivarez looks like a 141/149 if he does end up wrestling in college. Just an absolute savage on the mat.
What makes that Oliverez interesting is 1 he’s Cuban 2 kyven is opening up that UFC gym if he does wrestling that’s great for recruiting because he’s a big grapple guy. I like him a lot he looks like a beast

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

Cyguy1994

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2021
Do we know any level of interest, other than the cuban connection? Feels like someone I'd get excited about, but wondering if there is substance to my hopes

Reactions: 4theheckofit