***2023 Tennis Thread***

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
I get the Tennis Channel on Directv and have been able to watch 6 or 7 different matches at any time.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
From doing some google searching, it appears Tennis Channel should still be added later today, but you may need to buy a $10.00/month sports package to include it. Nice of them to spring that on people at the last minute.

Reactions: GoHawks

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Is the sports package worth it anyone? This is the only major this is an issue.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
If only Fritz spent more time focused on opponent and less time yelling at his box. Not looking good.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
If only Fritz spent more time focused on opponent and less time yelling at his box. Not looking good.
Yelling at the box is getting way too popular. Not a good look at all. If I was in kygrios box I think I'd have to get up and leave

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
This Rune cerundolo match has been awesome lot of drama. In the 3rd set the umpire made maybe the worst call I've seen. Ball bounced twice on Runes side, cerundolo still put away easy smash but umpire called hindrance point penalty on cerundolo who only pointed out it double bounced before his smash. Set up a break point. This is day after a very weak default in a doubles match yesterday.

Last edited:

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Side note from Roland Garros but for you tennis nuts in here if you haven’t watched “Break Point” on Netflix you should. It’s the same thing they did for F1 and PGA players but based around professional tennis players. Really good stuff and the second half is still to come.

Reactions: isutrevman

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
This Rune cerundolo match has been awesome lot of drama. In the 3rd set the umpire made maybe the worst call I've seen. Ball bounced twice on Runes side, cerundolo still put away easy smash but umpire called hindrance point penalty. Set up a break point. This is day after a very weak default in a doubles match yesterday.
The calls and lack thereof were ridiculous. Even ball boy knew the double bounce. The crap at the French would still smell even if they had Hawkeye.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I can’t stand Djokovic or Kyrgios either but that might be just a me thing, and Djoke at least probably will be gone in a few years.
You mean the GOAT? I can't stand Kyrgios either. I'd put Tsitsipas on the list too, although he's grown on me the last year.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
I’m sure attacking French fans for booing you is gonna make them stop, right?
They are going to boo him no matter what little thing he does, so might as well give it back. Medvedev has had similar experiences. And it’s usually a handful of “fans” he will get into it with, who came to more so boo opposing players versus cheer for their guy. “Fans” like that are ******* clowns.

Reactions: isutrevman

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
They are going to boo him no matter what little thing he does, so might as well give it back. Medvedev has had similar experiences. And it’s usually a handful of “fans” he will get into it with, who came to more so boo opposing players versus cheer for their guy. “Fans” like that are ******* clowns.
The Roland Garros crowds are honestly the worst. They boo a lot and if you question the chair umpire, raise any sort of issue or basically just don't "Shut up and serve/play" they will get on you. Even Federer, who was loved everywhere had moments when the crowd at Roland Garros would boo and hiss a bit. They are a strange bunch at that tournament.

Reactions: isutrevman and legi

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
The Roland Garros crowds are honestly the worst. They boo a lot and if you question the chair umpire, raise any sort of issue or basically just don't "Shut up and serve/play" they will get on you. Even Federer, who was loved everywhere had moments when the crowd at Roland Garros would boo and hiss a bit. They are a strange bunch at that tournament.
Yeah it’s weird cause even if a player has a legitimate complaint for the umpire some people will automatically boo if the player dares to voice the complaint. Even if it’s a simple quick chat with the umpire without yelling or any theatrics.

Reactions: jctisu

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron