***2023 FCS Playoffs Thread***

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
There's a line of thinking that the Montana and Dakota schools are at the top of FCS partially because there are no FBS schools to compete with in those states.
Just looking at SDSU rosters, its filled with Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Iowa guys. 3 of the 4 only have one major program, so I’d agree with that.

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
I’m glad someone else got to win. If you go back through the last 30 years of div 3 champions it’s pretty gross how top-heavy it’s been among 3-4 teams.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
SDSU's 59-0 win:

Most points in an FCS semifinal since 2015, when Jacksonville State (now FBS) beat Sam Houston (now FBS) 62-10.

Largest margin in an FCS semifinal since 1996, when Montana beat Troy (now FBS) 70-7.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
3800 miles Cortland has traveled on busses in the last 4 weeks! Looks like it was worth every mile! What a game!

Boooooo. I started college enrolled with North Central!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
My cousin’s kid plays DL for the Jacks and most of their people had travel for Texas locked in before the playoffs even started. They were 100% sure they were making it to the title game. They were getting nervous during that Nova game.

Reactions: NWICY

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
So the NDSt Coach is going to USC to be a linebacker coach.

Does it seem a little below what he could get to some?

I would think with his record he could get at least a DC job somewhere in FBS, and probably a G5 HC job. Maybe he has been overlooked for some jobs recently or maybe the right spot as a HC or Coordinator has not opened up. But to me some of these places in the G5 would jump at him as HC, and there were a lot of G5 openings this year.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

I would think with his record he could get at least a DC job somewhere in FBS, and probably a G5 HC job. Maybe he has been overlooked for some jobs recently or maybe the right spot as a HC or Coordinator has not opened up. But to me some of these places in the G5 would jump at him as HC, and there were a lot of G5 openings this year.
He's a moron that's living off of what came before him. He didn't call the defense there when he was technically DC. He's awful with the media. Position coach might be his ceiling at the FBS level.

• Informative
Reactions: 2speedy1

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I don't think many Bison fans are sad to see him go, but they may be working themselves into a Nebraska situation. Chasing glory days that may be hard to get back. They are still playoff quality so who knows.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
How did Montana fall for that fake punt?!?

North Dakota State down 7 and driving with 1:30 left.