2022 Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I would think Antrell Taylor from Millard South would be up there. Knopick’s teammate

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
Without Fargo etc this summer this is our staffs chance to find some diamonds in the rough and pull in some hammers that are flying under the radar. We need this class to be a great one.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
I believe he hasn’t made his decision known. I’m not sure where people stand on Gabe as a recruit. I haven’t seen him crack the top 100. He also doesn’t have a lot of videos on Flo so I’m thinking he hasn’t done a lot of the big national tourneys??

From you guys that have seen him on the mat, what are your thoughts on him?

We really need more than one at heavy. Wondering if they go JUCO and HS recruit.

maknbacon

Nov 2, 2017
I think Greenlee will be better in college than in HS. First couple years of HS he was growing into his frame, now he's filling it out. Doesn't hurt that to have his dad coaching him either.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
I think Greenlee will be better in college than in HS. First couple years of HS he was growing into his frame, now he's filling it out. Doesn't hurt that to have his dad coaching him either.
Can you explain further your thoughts that he will be better in college? Not trying to argue, but majority of kids its the opposite is why I ask. I get your original statement about his first 2 years in high school being undersized, but he was a good sized junior last year. His state tournament last year made me nervous. Seems like a nimble HWT who could have a great offense for HWT standards, but instead in film I've watched he uses a lot of push forward forehead to forehead offense. I think he's very raw and a couple years in a college room could probably do wonders for him. I'm in the boat of wanting him at ISU and developing him, I just think he has the ability to blow matches wide open but doesn't due to his offense. I wanted to see more at the state tournament. Obviously his finals match with Liddle from Bett was going to be very difficult regardless, good wrestler and Iowa football commit. His other matches were too close for comfort. Moral of the story: if he's having very close/OT matches with boys in high school, wait until he has to deal with men in college.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Can you explain further your thoughts that he will be better in college? Not trying to argue, but majority of kids its the opposite is why I ask. I get your original statement about his first 2 years in high school being undersized, but he was a good sized junior last year. His state tournament last year made me nervous. Seems like a nimble HWT who could have a great offense for HWT standards, but instead in film I've watched he uses a lot of push forward forehead to forehead offense. I think he's very raw and a couple years in a college room could probably do wonders for him. I'm in the boat of wanting him at ISU and developing him, I just think he has the ability to blow matches wide open but doesn't due to his offense. I wanted to see more at the state tournament. Obviously his finals match with Liddle from Bett was going to be very difficult regardless, good wrestler and Iowa football commit. His other matches were too close for comfort. Moral of the story: if he's having very close/OT matches with boys in high school, wait until he has to deal with men in college.
Because he is 6’6 or something like that. First year at heavy, probably 230 max. If he can fill out to 250 - 260+ he will be a nightmare on top. Loves cradle but needs more strength to keep the top guys down to use it. Agree he needs more on his feet but adding some size and strength will take of that. I am picking him to be a State Champ and beat Liddle this year.

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
NebHSRecruiting

@NEBHSRecruits

·
1h

Antrell Taylor (
@TaylorAntrell
) won a state title as a sophomore for
@PatriotsWrestle
last season. Now he's being recruited by some of the top programs in the country.
@MikeSautterOWH
caught up with Antrell for the latest in his recruitment (PLUS)

Nebraska, Iowa State among top schools recruiting Millard South
He is probably at the top of my wish list for 2022. Kid is an absolute stud! Going to be tough to beat out Nebraska for him.