***2022 PGA Tour Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The judges told him his drop was good, slept on it and decided it wasn't and took two strokes away from him an hour before he tee'd off. I'd pull out and go chase the money to.
Not what I read. It said that he didn't ask a rules official.

One of those situations unique to golf in that a rules official who watched later on TV noticed. Smith was questioned and admitted part of ball was behind the red line. Smith thought if any part of ball was outside redline he was OK to hit dropped ball.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If Cam wants to run to the LIV Tour…. so be it….. it’s his life. It will say a LOT about himself as a person though.

If I had his money and game I’d never even consider it. IMO, it only makes sense for the older washed up guys like Phil that can’t compete any longer…. and the young guys struggling on the PGA Tour who aren’t sure they will ever have the game to make it on the PGA Tour. But does LIV even want those guys?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
If Cam wants to run to the LIV Tour…. so be it….. it’s his life. It will say a LOT about himself as a person though.

If I had his money and game I’d never even consider it. IMO, it only makes sense for the older washed up guys like Phil that can’t compete any longer…. and the young guys struggling on the PGA Tour who aren’t sure they will ever have the game to make it on the PGA Tour. But does LIV even want those guys?
I tend to agree. The LIV Tour only has 14 scheduled events planned for the next few years.

So a young golfer is going to need to find a 2nd tour to play. If the PGA and DP Tours take a stance against LIV golfers playing their tours, that limits golfers finding strong competition on a secondary tour.

The other wild card for a top golfer like Cam Smith is his ability to make 10's of millions in sponsorship deals as an LIV golfer.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Cam would be a real loss, and the biggest so far for the PGA tour. I still like him, because he is one hell of a golfer, but I wish he hadn't made that decision and I will lose a bit of respect for him. LIV is about one thing, and one thing only, and it isn't about the spirit of competition, or the desire to be the best and leave your mark.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I read somewhere that LIV plans to do multiple events in Australia. The PGA Tour nixed the Australian Open, so I imagine it's a big draw for some of these guys to be able to play at home. It also sounds like with the team component they will have an all-Aussie team.

So while I'm sure the biggest draw was the literal mountain of cash, I'd imagine there may be some more too it.