2022 NCAA FB Coaching Carousel

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Having guys like deon around coaching as a power 5 scare me. I could see bags of cash laying around In the locker room. Colorado will be back soon. I wouldn’t doubt if they are one of the better teams next year in the pac12.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The thing is it's not just a splash hire. The guy will have half the battle checked off the list because he will bring in serious talent. There's zero debate about that. Now if he can continue growing as a coach, then it's a great hire. Especially at Colorado where they can't really get any worse.
But that isn't the be all/end all. Just look at Arkansas and A&M.

Football is about building a roster, not just getting a dozen really good players.

I am rooting for Deon, because I would love CU to be relevant. But I think he will have a lot of work to do to build CU's roster and it may take a couple years.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Cincy thought they had a shot at Prime, wonder where they go now?

I started following their search last Sunday when it was possible that Campbell was interested. And I've continued following for the fun of it. They are pretty delusional. For example, yesterday some Iowa State fan tweeted that Klieman was going to take the Cincinnati job and some of those fools thought it was serious. They've added Mo Linquist back on their list and are worried about that. Today's surprise candidate might be Chip Kelly. Some of them even hate that.

Reactions: heitclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
But that isn't the be all/end all. Just look at Arkansas and A&M.

Football is about building a roster, not just getting a dozen really good players.

I am rooting for Deon, because I would love CU to be relevant. But I think he will have a lot of work to do to build CU's roster and it may take a couple years.

With how transferring and everything is changing it will be interesting to see how much shorter rebuilds take going forward.

Maybe schemes will have to really align even more so, so that transfers can just be plugged in to the system.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Deon has lots of contacts with deep pockets.... might not take long at all.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I’m willing to bet pretty good money Deion turns Colorado around, I just don’t think it will be in the most moral ways.

His son and Hunter will certainly transfer. I’m sure a few others will, as well.
Prime is a lot of things, but cheater is one of them.

• Haha
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
With how transferring and everything is changing it will be interesting to see how much shorter rebuilds take going forward.

Maybe schemes will have to really align even more so, so that transfers can just be plugged in to the system.
But the competition for starter ready players is tremendous. CU will be competing against all the other top 20 teams for the same guys. Plus some of those schools might have more NIL $ than CU to spread around.

Deon is going to need to build CU's OL, DL, etc. People point to Lincoln Riley's success year 1, but he was adding elite transfers to a roster of 4/5 star players. At CU Deon is building from ground zero.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
But the competition for starter ready players is tremendous. CU will be competing against all the other top 20 teams for the same guys. Plus some of those schools might have more NIL $ than CU to spread around.

Deon is going to need to build CU's OL, DL, etc. People point to Lincoln Riley's success year 1, but he was adding elite transfers to a roster of 4/5 star players. At CU Deon is building from ground zero.

Yeah I think it will take some time but my question is will it take shorter than usual.

Lineman transfer too and it won't take long for folks to find out from JSU players how great it is to play for Sanders.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
He will definitely get talent. Be interesting to see who he gets as assistants. If he gets the right coaches he may be competing for a Pac 12 Champ in 2-3 years
What's his angle though? At Jackson St I got it. That was, let's overturn this system together. Believe. Now its, "look how I got to the next level, now you can too"?

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Yeah I think it will take some time but my question is will it take shorter than usual.

Lineman transfer too and it won't take long for folks to find out from JSU players how great it is to play for Sanders.
Will that still be their LinkedIn reference of their time with Prime?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’m willing to bet pretty good money Deion turns Colorado around, I just don’t think it will be in the most moral ways.

His son and Hunter will certainly transfer. I’m sure a few others will, as well.
Remember USC and UCLA will be gone soon. Helps also.