2022 NCAA FB Coaching Carousel

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
That seems like a really strange decision.
I feel like we're goin to see Deion's kid get a huge NIL deal from Colorado (or wherever he ends up). I think that played a big role in where he was going to end up. I also don't think he'll be at his new school long.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Deion could have gotten a better job, but Boulder is a great place to live and he'll get a bunch of good players from California and Arizona to come play there.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Deion could have gotten a better job, but Boulder is a great place to live and he'll get a bunch of good players from California and Arizona to come play there.
If he succeeds at Colorado, an SEC team will take a shot at him down the road in 4-5 years.

This is a win-win for Colorado. Nothing really to lose.

Reactions: Cyclone2daBoneIndy

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
If we ever get to the point where we're hiring mediocre-at-best coaches just for the sake of attracting attention like CU is doing right now, I'm out.

I don't think that will happen, because our fans actually care and it's been a long time since we've had to generate passion in our programs among the fan base.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclone2daBoneIndy

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
If we ever get to the point where we're hiring mediocre-at-best coaches just for the sake of attracting attention like CU is doing right now, I'm out.

I don't think that will happen, because our fans actually care and it's been a long time since we've had to generate passion in our programs among the fan base.
He has done very well @ Jackson State. They are having their best season ever, and JSU is a 4 time HBCU National Champion.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017

The thing is it's not just a splash hire. The guy will have half the battle checked off the list because he will bring in serious talent. There's zero debate about that. Now if he can continue growing as a coach, then it's a great hire. Especially at Colorado where they can't really get any worse.

Reactions: Clonedogg

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

Pollard hard coins minted for Gene Chizek's arrival.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I’m willing to bet pretty good money Deion turns Colorado around, I just don’t think it will be in the most moral ways.

His son and Hunter will certainly transfer. I’m sure a few others will, as well.

• Agree
Reactions: SECyclone

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
I’m willing to bet pretty good money Deion turns Colorado around, I just don’t think it will be in the most moral ways.

His son and Hunter will certainly transfer. I’m sure a few others will, as well.
He will definitely get talent. Be interesting to see who he gets as assistants. If he gets the right coaches he may be competing for a Pac 12 Champ in 2-3 years

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009

Awesome news for Golesh. He was awesome at ISU, we were fortunate to have him especially as a position coach.

Edit: reading the comments on the tweet, USF fans are NOT thrilled. Who do they think they are? They are a bottom feeder American conference team that just locked up the OC of arguably the best offense in the country this year. Even Tennessee fans posting are saying they will miss him and USF got a good one.

Reactions: Clonedogg

ESciGuy

Mar 16, 2010
Joliet, IL
OK, maybe I missed it. Is it really the case that absolutely no FB coaching changes have been announced @ EIU?