2022 NCAA FB Coaching Carousel

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Wisconsin did the right thing and went after all of their options instead of settle for the internal guy. That’s how you conduct a search. I am sure Leonard really wanted the job.
That’s assuming this story has anything behind it but Thamel isn’t exactly some Twitter flamethrower out for attention either.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Do these people on Twitter actually have legit sources or are they just making **** up based on assumptions and message board chatter?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
WI passing over Leohnard would be really intriguing. Maybe he decided the head gig isn't for him because it was pretty seemless for him to take over.
I think the badger might have wanted to shake things up. Not like Leonard's team suddenly found an offense. Sure he inherited an existing roster. But maybe Wisky's AD felt the best way to compete with OSU & Michigan was a coach with a more up tempo offense.

It will be interesting what happens to Leonard. Cincy might want to consider him. I am sure some Big10 teams might like him as a DC.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Will be curious if they keep Mickey Joseph around to lead recruiting efforts and be an associate head coach. The Baylor 365 guys have mentioned many a time that Rhule doesn't like recruiting (sounds a bit like Nebraksa's Hoops coach).

I think this is the best Nebraska could have hoped for as far as attracting a big name and I do think he will impact their culture.

USA Today is reporting the contract is 8 years in length. Rhule was owed $40M by the Carolina Panthers on a 7 year deal. Wonder if Carolina will still owe him money as I gotta believe the Huskers are paying Rhule north of $8M annually.

Tucker at MSU is getting a ridiculous $9.5 annually over 10 years. That has potential to be ugly depending on his buyout.
Is Cincinnati close enough to CMC’s OSU/ND dream jobs to jump? New team, same conference foes he knows, new start.
He’s not getting one of those dream jobs any time soon.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I'm waiting for Dean Blandino's take on the Cinncinnatti job. I can't even spell it. I just hope "dream job" is never again blurted by one of our jilters.
Matt Ruhle always revered Lawrence Phillips.

Anyway....winnners win.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think the badger might have wanted to shake things up. Not like Leonard's team suddenly found an offense. Sure he inherited an existing roster. But maybe Wisky's AD felt the best way to compete with OSU & Michigan was a coach with a more up tempo offense.

It will be interesting what happens to Leonard. Cincy might want to consider him. I am sure some Big10 teams might like him as a DC.

Yeah the more I think on it the AD maybe just wants a fresh start. Time to do away with Barryball now that he's out of town.

WI was bad before Barry so it will be interesting.