NBA: 2022 NBA Playoffs

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I’m not sold on the Warriors being their old selves yet, Klay had an amazing game 6 but overall has looked a step slow, same with Draymond. I still think they win but I can easily see it going to 7.

I’d bet the farm on Boston, for this round and the next.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
This has to be one of if not the most shocking game 7 ever right? In terms a team that was heads and shoulders the best team all season to not just lose but to get absolutely shitcanned at home like this? Stunning.

I didn't watch it because I figured it was a sure thing Phoenix was winning at home.

Both finals teams from last year out on the same day. The NBA finals will be all new teams.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I’m not sold on the Warriors being their old selves yet, Klay had an amazing game 6 but overall has looked a step slow, same with Draymond. I still think they win but I can easily see it going to 7.

Boston has shocked me because Boston superfan Bill Simmons didn't think they did enough last off season to be in this position.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
This will be the best team Boston has played (to quote Walton, "The Nets? Please!).

The Mavs just beat a better team than GS.

Reactions: CloneIce

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
This will be the best team Boston has played (to quote Walton, "The Nets? Please!).

The Mavs just beat a better team than GS.
Mmmm, I am not sure about that second comment. Better team overall this year? Yes. But Phoenix was not that same team at ALL in these playoffs. Not even close.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Mmmm, I am not sure about that second comment. Better team overall this year? Yes. But Phoenix wasn't not that same team at ALL in these playoffs. Not even close.
PHX didn't look good against New Orleans either. Ingram really abused them.

• Winner
Reactions: dahliaclone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I don't think they sweep them at all.

Mavs were 3-1 against the Warriors this year, granted two of those games KT didn't play.

But Mavs are playing very very well. I actually think whoever wins game one will take the series.
I'm leaning Warriors, but Mavs present a tough matchup. How on earth Bullock received nothing in defensive POY in the league is a joke. Lots of decent defenders that block shots.

Bullock is a game-changer and disrupter on the defensive end and due to his versatility is more valuable than any of the bigs in the league defensively, and probably even moreso than Smart. the possible exception might be Jackson of Memphis, as he's a lot more than a shot blocker.

And he's far better than Bridges as a wing defender. In an interview with Pat Bev he was asked about Bridges as a defender and he said in last year's playoffs Bridges was matched up against him. He basically said if you are All-defense in the league you probably aren't going to be matched up against him.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

I'm not so sure. Boston has been good, but it's crazy how little credit Middleton gets. When those scoring slumps for the Bucks started to happen last year Middleton took the ball and made shot after shot.

Those shooting slumps from the Bucks in Game 4 and 6 don't happen with Middleton, and Boston is sitting at home right now. Last year those 2-3 minute dry spells ended because Middleton took over. This year 2-3 minute slumps turned into 6-7 minute dry spells because the Bucks simply didn't have a big-time shot maker on the roster.

I do think Boston is the most complete team, but I don't think they should be too heavy of favorites right now.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
PHX didn't look good against New Orleans either. Ingram really abused them.
CP3 going 14-14 that game 6 really helped otherwise they were headed for a game 7 in a 1 vs 8 matchup. It was headscratching enough to see them pushed to 6 games the way they were against the Pelicans.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The Mavs have outscored their opponents by over 200 points from the 3 so far in the playoffs. It's really hard to see them doing similar to GS but if they do, they can beat them. GS hasn't looked great IMO but they haven't really had to either, it feels like what the Mavs want to do will play into what GS does well, GS is tough to beat at their own game. I kind of thought similar about PHX though and look how that turned out.

If you have Luka, you have a punchers chance. Some of the things he was doing yesterday were absolutely amazing. He just took turns abusing the Suns lineup at every level of the defense. He even went right at Ayton in the paint and worked him. One of the most unique players I've seen.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
The Mavs have outscored their opponents by over 200 points from the 3 so far in the playoffs. It's really hard to see them doing similar to GS but if they do, they can beat them. GS hasn't looked great IMO but they haven't really had to either, it feels like what the Mavs want to do will play into what GS does well, GS is tough to beat at their own game. I kind of thought similar about PHX though and look how that turned out.

If you have Luka, you have a punchers chance. Some of the things he was doing yesterday were absolutely amazing. He just took turns abusing the Suns lineup at every level of the defense. He even went right at Ayton in the paint and worked him. One of the most unique players I've seen.
Luka is the best player left in the playoffs. Therefore, he's best player in this series vs Golden State. But comparing the rest of the starters for each team, I'd put the Warrior's starters over the Mavs starters...overall. Doesn't mean they can't have bad games or that Brunson, etc can't light it up. But I'm thinking Warriors in 6 or 7. Game one will be very telling.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Grant Williams going to make Marcus Smart seem likeable by the end of the playoffs. Refs seem to let everything go on defense, but you back either of these two guys down and you'd think you committed a murder.

Reactions: dahliaclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Luka is the best player left in the playoffs. Therefore, he's best player in this series vs Golden State. But comparing the rest of the starters for each team, I'd put the Warrior's starters over the Mavs starters...overall. Doesn't mean they can't have bad games or that Brunson, etc can't light it up. But I'm thinking Warriors in 6 or 7. Game one will be very telling.
Luka is the only player in NBA history with over 20 triple-doubles at age 21 or younger.
Every night on the court he's capable of doing that.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
woof, what a terrible game 7 effort from Milwaukee and Phx.
Phx probably going to have to retool, Bucks are good I think and probably could have won with their #2 healthy. PHX problem is they have a #2 that they thought was a number 1.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Only snippets of the Bucks but it looked like they hated guarding the arc.

It is their strategy. Take away shots at the rim and corner 3's. Force you to take a ton of 3's above the break. If you make enough, you win.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
woof, what a terrible game 7 effort from Milwaukee and Phx.
Phx probably going to have to retool, Bucks are good I think and probably could have won with their #2 healthy. PHX problem is they have a #2 that they thought was a number 1.

Milwaukee just didn't make shots. They competed, but like you said really missed Middleton. Allen had a terrible series, Conaughton was good this series but bad in Game 7. Moving on from Divenzeno and getting nothing in return for him really hurt Milwaukee with Middleton's injury. They have their core returning next year, need to work the margins to find better wing depth without a ton of assets or cap room.