NBA: 2022 NBA Playoffs

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
It will be interesting to see if Brooks gets any more discipline. I don't think he had any ill-intent but it was an obviously dangerous play with a harsh outcome.

You're exactly right they need Morant to go crazy every night. I remember Chuck talking before the T-Wolves series that you don't know who Memphis's 2nd best player is. Jackson? Brooks? Bane? Quality depth plays well during the regular season, but you need a Robin to help pick up the load if Morant isn't other-worldly and I'm not sure they have that.

I’m fine with Brooks getting a game or two - what I don’t want is Steve Kerr on my TV talking about how the play was dirty and “broke codes” when he has his own guy in Green literally doing the same thing - and bragging about it in front of the Memphis crowd, the difference being he was lucky the guy he committed the T2 on happened to fall into his arms instead of face first onto the court. Yeah, the play was dirty, but how about you get control of your own guy before you start whining about the other guys.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Doncic had more pts than the other 4 starters combined? Woof, Dallas.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I haven't watched much Mavs bball but looked at the roster and it isn't very talented when you compare it to every other team left in the playoffs
He needs to trust his teammates more though. The +/- with him is bad.
They need another scorer and one that plays defense.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
He needs to trust his teammates more though. The +/- with him is bad.
They need another scorer and one that plays defense.

He also needs to dedicate himself to caring for his body like an MVP type player should! The incredible talent is on display for all of us to witness...it just feels like he has another level in there if he wants to get there...work to get there.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I haven't watched much Mavs bball but looked at the roster and it isn't very talented when you compare it to every other team left in the playoffs
It's not much worse than Memphis on paper, but overall the talent disparity between GS and MEM, PHO and DAL is kind of embarrassing and making for what I think will be a lame duck 2nd round. PHI and MIA would have been a decent series had Embiid not gone down. The Sixers look awful. Georges has been cringeworthy as much as I hate to admit. At least we have Milwaukee and Boston.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

I’ve just watched the playoffs as context. But Brunson was great while Doncic was out and has looked very average since he’s been back. They don’t seem to play off each other very well. And if Brunson isn’t scoring they won’t be able to keep up with anyone.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I’ve always loved JJ even at Duke I liked watching him. This is fanfuckingtastic

I don't know why they brought Russo's wrinkly old sack in there. Someone in audio needed to balance Steve's loud ass whining?

" I loved when all those old black players didn't have a thing to say outside of basketball.'

• Agree
Reactions: Nothingman

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
It's not much worse than Memphis on paper, but overall the talent disparity between GS and MEM, PHO and DAL is kind of embarrassing and making for what I think will be a lame duck 2nd round. PHI and MIA would have been a decent series had Embiid not gone down. The Sixers look awful. Georges has been cringeworthy as much as I hate to admit. At least we have Milwaukee and Boston.
Wait are you saying you think Memphis doesn’t have a talented roster?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I’ve just watched the playoffs as context. But Brunson was great while Doncic was out and has looked very average since he’s been back. They don’t seem to play off each other very well. And if Brunson isn’t scoring they won’t be able to keep up with anyone.
I wonder if Luka is difficult to play with. Each year he's been there, they really haven't had a good robin to his batman. His body language at times makes him difficult to root for, in my opinion at least.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Not at all, but just like Dallas, they don't really have a consistent number two.

The Mavs were 8-9 without Luka this year, the Grizzlies were like 19-2 without Ja. I think that should really end any comparison of their rosters. Memphis has legit playoff rotation guys up and down their roster. Bane and Jackson aren’t household names but they’re both guys who could easily be all-stars in the very near future.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I don't know why they brought Russo's wrinkly old sack in there. Someone in audio needed to balance Steve's loud ass whining?

" I loved when all those old black players didn't have a thing to say outside of basketball.'

They have Russo opposite Smith once a week, which makes for a show for two loudmouths with generally really bad takes.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
If you’re drafting players from a pool of Grizzlies and Warriors, Steph and Ja go one two, in some order. Who would people take third? I feel like you can make arguments for about five different guys here.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
If you’re drafting players from a pool of Grizzlies and Warriors, Steph and Ja go one two, in some order. Who would people take third? I feel like you can make arguments for about five different guys here.
I'm taking klay if I took steph with my 1st pick. Not sure what the answer is if I took ja first.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron