MLB: ***2022 MLB SEASON THREAD***

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
MLBPA also needs to give in some of their requests as well. They’re just trying not to get screwed big time like they did last time

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
So the MLBPA gave in a little bit yesterday and MLB owners still didn’t budge. This is just gonna end up with he players screwed again because billionaires can afford to have games cancelled and players can’t

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Sounds like they may be FINALLY making some progress on some of the bigger issues:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
If I’m a betting man, there will be a deal done today.

Weird how both sides sat on their hands for 3 months and then when their backs were against the wall, decided to negotiate

Reactions: Clonefan32

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m a purist and struggle with some of the changes to the game in recent years. But and expanded playoff? Sign me up. October baseball is amazing. Why not have more of it?

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Just crazy enough that it might work

E59CBCA2-AD0F-4235-A0AB-F6621A28B2ED.jpeg

And yes, the playoff team pool is probably one of the least important elements of the negotiations, but jeez … considering everything else going on in the world, why are these billionaire owners insisting on keeping baseball from us, too?

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
If I’m a betting man, there will be a deal done today.

Weird how both sides sat on their hands for 3 months and then when their backs were against the wall, decided to negotiate

“Both sides”

You know the owners refused to even talk to the players until about a week ago after locking them out in December, right?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
“Both sides”

You know the owners refused to even talk to the players until about a week ago after locking them out in December, right?
You’re right. But to pretend the players are innocent in all of this is also wildly inaccurate.

Both sides had demands that were unreasonable and non-negotiable.

• Agree
Reactions: Neptune78

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
You’re right. But to pretend the players are innocent in all of this is also wildly inaccurate.

Both sides had demands that were unreasonable and non-negotiable.

True. When I see what the players are asking for minimum salary - particularly when you compare it to the ridiculously low pay minor leaguers get - that doesn’t engender much sympathy.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This whole ordeal has been a bit ridiculous but I am looking forward to the "free agent frenzy" that will happen once there is an agreement. Should be a fun week or so with that.
It will be absolute mayhem.

Reactions: Dormeezy

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
As a NL fan I used to loathe the thought of the DH in the NL but over the years I finally have come around to the idea to make it universal in both leagues. I look back at the freak injury Mark Prior had running the bases and collided with the 2B and was never the same after that and wonder what may have been if they had the DH back then.

Expanded playoffs are a good thing too, more teams will still be in the hunt at the trade deadline and you won't see as many teams selling off and tanking like you do now which will be good for the sport to have more competitive teams in the mix. I hope they get a deal done soon because the longer the stoppage goes on and games get canceled the more long term damage it will do to the sport which is already struggling with popularity issues that are not tied to the financial issues but the product and game play on the field.

Reactions: MJ29 and cyfanatic

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
As a NL fan I used to loathe the thought of the DH in the NL but over the years I finally have come around to the idea to make it universal in both leagues. I look back at the freak injury Mark Prior had running the bases and collided with the 2B and was never the same after that and wonder what may have been if they had the DH back then.

Expanded playoffs are a good thing too, more teams will still be in the hunt at the trade deadline and you won't see as many teams selling off and tanking like you do now which will be good for the sport to have more competitive teams in the mix. I hope they get a deal done soon because the longer the stoppage goes on and games get canceled the more long term damage it will do to the sport which is already struggling with popularity issues that are not tied to the financial issues but the product and game play on the field.

I have been an AL fan for a long long time...and I always liked having "different" rules for the each league for the fun of it. However, I do think it is time for the DH in both leagues. With so much inter-league play there is no reason to have different rules for each league. Also, pitchers don't hit in the minors...they rarely hit on days they pitch in college...yet we expect them to hit once they come up to the majors and be productive? (and by productive I mean we set the bar incredibly low and hope they can advance a runner occassionally). It is time for the DH in both leagues for sure.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron