MLB: ***2022 MLB SEASON THREAD***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yank/Guardians series is cursed. First it was the stupid league scheduling a day off between game 1 and 2 for no reason other than to set up TV primetime setting up the game 2 rainout. Yankee plane broke down so they couldn't even fly home last night. And now, mo' rain and either midnight baseball on a drenched field or another rainout.

But worst of all, Bob Costas, for every game. **** him and his rambling BS stories while ignoring the game. Does he ever shut up? I gone from being annoyed to an almost visceral hatred of the guy.

Edit: Postponing till tomorrow. Both teams can bring back their #2 now. Was afraid the baseball brains would mess his up but this is the right call.

Last edited:

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
At least Costas knows something about the game and its history, and apparently speaks from his knowledge rather than from a prompt from corporate. In my view, the coverage from TBS has been infinitely better than ESPN's broadcasts. Better than Fox too.

I've seen more than one complaint about Costas to the effect that he won't shut up but I was telling my wife several days ago that he and Darling were actually allowing some space (intermittent moments of silence--as a radio broadcaster might do) which is certainly not the case on an ESPN telecast.

I suspect maybe people just don't like him being a know-it-all and, yes, maybe he could back off just a little.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
And Cleveland didn't start Bieber because....

Already down 3-0 in the 1st.

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
The MLB wonders why they struggle for young viewership yet they put a game 5 elimination game of a series at 3pm CT on a Tuesday. I understand it got rained out but still.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
And Cleveland didn't start Bieber because....

Already down 3-0 in the 1st.

I get what you are saying...but Francona will never put a player in a situation that could lead to injury (especially when this player has that history). It is one of the reasons Francona gets the respect he does.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron