2022 Big 12-SEC Challenge (Poll)

Which Big XII teams will win their SEC Challenge?

• Total voters

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Its become the half time breather for Big 12 Men's BB, at least for us fans, to spend a Saturday doing battle with the SEC. It's kind like a mini bowl season, except the games will count as resume builders. I often head into this weekend fired up thinking we're going dominate this football league, but only to be sobered up when all the games turn out to be nail biters just like our conference games. But the Big 12 has been exceptional to date, so could this be the year we run the table?

Here is a primer from the USA today:

And a scoreboard link to follow the action on Saturday from 11 am to 9 pm on ESPN-du-jour (none on +, though):

P.S. Related topic ...

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I have ISU, Baylor, Tech, WVU and Oklahoma State. Gotta be honest, I’m not real confident about any of them, whether I picked them or not. SEC has some tough teams. It will be interesting to see if the Big12 is the dominant defensive league everyone thinks it is, or if it’s all smoke and mirrors.

• Agree
Reactions: cycophagus

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
I stuck to the home teams winning, with the exception being Baylor winning on the road at Bama. Even in years when the SEC has been worse the challenge has been closely contested. I do think we’ll see some upsets though. Would not be surprised to see K-state or OSU win on the road, or for TCU or Texas lose at home.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
These are some tough matchups. SEC basketball use to be behind every major conference in basketball, but in the last 5-6 years it is 1/2 this year with the Big12 for the best conference. Kentucky use to be the only school in the SEC, but not the case anymore. The talent in the south is unreal

• Agree
Reactions: HouClone

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I have ISU, Baylor, KSU, OSU, Kansas, and TT winning but like some have said I am not too confident in a lot of these matchups. WVU really needs a win bad right now so that game could be interesting. This definitely is going to be a good test to see if the Big 12 is as good as we think it is.

Side note, so if Oklahoma or Texas happens to win will the SEC try to claim the wins? :p

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
I like the idea of doing the challenge with the SEC. But, it should happen in the preseason. I dislike how it disrupts the flow of conference play.

Reactions: NoCreativity

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I like the idea of doing the challenge with the SEC. But, it should happen in the preseason. I dislike how it disrupts the flow of conference play.

I think I'd prefer having it as pre-conference ... BUT I do like that it all takes place on one Saturday. If it got moved to November or December, it'd conflict with schedules for early-season tournaments, and the challenge might string out for two or three weeks, like the Big 12/Pac-12 setup fiasco a decade or so ago.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Poll implies an expected win share for the Big 12 of 5.7/10 right now.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Going simply on NET ratings, it looks like an even split tomorrow with Ku playing the toughest and ISU the creampuff.
  • TCU #56 vs LSU #10
  • OU #32 @ Auburn #8
  • ISU #27 vs Mizzou #156
  • WVU #57 @ Arky #48
  • BU #3 @ Bama #24
  • K-State #68 @ Ole Miss #124
  • OSU #55 @ Florida #45
  • Ku #7 vs UK #9
  • TxT #15 vs M-State #41
  • UT #16 vs Tenn #11

Last edited:

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
It looks like a pretty good slate of games. I have:
- ISU, KU, Baylor and TTU winning.
- KSU, TCU and TX feel like toss-ups (depends which versions of each show up)
- WVU and OSU seem like losses due to being away games
- OU winning would be the only result that would surprise me