2022-2023 Schedule

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Was UNI and Mizzou chosen to be on the road again by choice so the on/off years aren’t to uneven as far as home dual quality?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Was UNI and Mizzou chosen to be on the road again by choice so the on/off years aren’t to uneven as far as home dual quality?
That would make sense. So next year we’d likely have Mizzou, Iowa, and UNI at home.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
This years schedule is awesome! It sorta makes up for how bad last years schedule was.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
This years schedule is awesome! It sorta makes up for how bad last years schedule was.
I hear what you're saying, but I don't think there is anything to make up for last year. The schedule this year and years to come should be expected to be at this level.

Reactions: CyGold

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
More details on the Jacksonville event:

This inaugural Battle in the River City event on November 5th will feature Wisconsin, Iowa State, Chattanooga, Campbell, Arkansas Little Rock and Buffalo. The teams will compete in a one-day round robin duel match where each team will wrestle against three teams. The entire event will be streamed on Rokfin.

Tickets are now on sale at AirstreamVentures.com or 904tix. General admission tickets for the day are $20 and VIP tickets are $65, which include VIP elements along with food and drink throughout the event

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
Hey friends - Just wanted to come out of my offseason hiatus and say hey. I am pumped for this. Really good upgrade from last season!

Excited to have OSU and ASU in town.

Never mind a trip up to Cedar Falls. AS Ben pointed out, sets up ISU to have UNI/Iowa in town next year.

Also pumped for tournaments to be in the mix.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
That Wisconsin dual right off the bat is going to be a lot of fun if both teams have the starters healthy and going:

125: Barnett is a top 10 guy at 125 and we will see early if Kysen has taken another step or not
133: Lamont will be ranked in the top 15 and will be a good challenge for Ramazan or whoever we have going at 133
141: Joe Zargo is preseason ranked 12th by Intermat and had a pretty solid freshman year. I expect Swiderski to win this and make an early season statement that he is an AA threat
149: Gomez will probably take it to Paniro a bit, but there will be fireworks here
157: Model is preseason ranked 16th from Wisco
165: the match of the dual if Carr and Hamiti both go. Great early season indicator for David at 165
174: We should be favored here
184: We will be strong favorites here
197: Yonger will be favored, but Amos is real tough. They had a very close match at nationals last March
Hwt: Hillger is solid, but a smaller heavyweight. Sammy will be an underdog, but Hillger is beatable.

Is it wrestling season yet? :)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That Wisconsin dual right off the bat is going to be a lot of fun if both teams have the starters healthy and going:

125: Barnett is a top 10 guy at 125 and we will see early if Kysen has taken another step or not
133: Lamont will be ranked in the top 15 and will be a good challenge for Ramazan or whoever we have going at 133
141: Joe Zargo is preseason ranked 12th by Intermat and had a pretty solid freshman year. I expect Swiderski to win this and make an early season statement that he is an AA threat
149: Gomez will probably take it to Paniro a bit, but there will be fireworks here
157: Model is preseason ranked 16th from Wisco
165: the match of the dual if Carr and Hamiti both go. Great early season indicator for David at 165
174: We should be favored here
184: We will be strong favorites here
197: Yonger will be favored, but Amos is real tough. They had a very close match at nationals last March
Hwt: Hillger is solid, but a smaller heavyweight. Sammy will be an underdog, but Hillger is beatable.

Is it wrestling season yet? :)
That’s going to be a HELL of a dual.

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
This is gonna be a tough year for Swiderski, he'll potentially get, and this is not including the Southern Scuffle or the Collegiate Duals:
Duals:
Joseph Zargo (Wisconsin)
Real Woods (Iowa)
Jesse Vasquez (ASU)
Carter Young (Okie St)
Cole Matthews (Pitt)
Allan Hart (Mizzou)

Big 12s:
Andrew Alirez (Northern Colorado)
Clay Carlson (SDSU)
Dylan Droegemueller (NDSU)

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

CY88

Jan 3, 2013
This is gonna be a tough year for Swiderski, he'll potentially get, and this is not including the Southern Scuffle or the Collegiate Duals:
Duals:
Joseph Zargo (Wisconsin)
Real Woods (Iowa)
Jesse Vasquez (ASU)
Carter Young (Okie St)
Cole Matthews (Pitt)
Allan Hart (Mizzou)

Big 12s:
Andrew Alirez (Northern Colorado)
Clay Carlson (SDSU)
Dylan Droegemueller (NDSU)
He should be fun to watch to see how he progresses throughout the season. I was talking to Dresser at the Humboldt golf event. He said at the start of summer camp all the upper class men wanted Swiderski in their groups. By the end of summer they didn’t want anything to do with him.