2021 Predictions and Guesses

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
This team would be bringing home a trophy, not just too 5.

my prediction is
125 - R12
133 - NQ
141 - 4th
149 - 6th
157 - 3rd
165 - DNQ
174 - R16
184 - R16
197 - 7th ( I really have no idea).
Hvy - 8th

I think this brings home a 6-8 place finish.

Who do you have beating Carr?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think its a 3 horse race with Hidlay Deakin and Carr. Next tier would be Coleman Dellavecchia Robb Teemer Young Lewan and a healthy Berge.
Would be nice if david could get the 1 seed and the other two get the 2 and 3 on the other side then he would only have to beat one of them to win it all. Doubt that happens though based on how young david is he won’t get that top spot. Lack of opens hurts that too

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Would be nice if david could get the 1 seed and the other two get the 2 and 3 on the other side then he would only have to beat one of them to win it all. Doubt that happens though based on how young david is he won’t get that top spot. Lack of opens hurts that too
I agree. He won’t have a chance unless somehow Deakin loses at Big 10 and Hidlay loses somehow and I doubt either happen. Seeding will be based this year more on cumulative results and not just this season. I’d rather he wrestles Deakin in the semis though I think.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Who do you have beating Carr?
Hidlay and Deakin. Last year he was handled by Deakin pretty comfortably. Being that he is much younger, I was hoping he might have made a big enough jump, but Carr also just lost to Hidlay in freestyle. I think he's just a step behind both those guys right now.

Crazyape22

Feb 22, 2019
I saw Degen hinting at coming back for his 6th year on twitter. Any chance he would move to 57 & Carr go 65 next year?
Jarrett is probably one of the very few who has to worry about managing his weight through the whole year. He can't gain & keep that much weight on. Just in his genes.

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
Lol I meant highly recruited wrestler

I was just looking back at Sinjin starting for ISU with a friend when we were discussing how far this line up has come. Because I still laugh remembering when Coach said they found him at a gas station during availability after it was announced he'd be making the starting line up as a way to explain how random this was for everyone.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I was just looking back at Sinjin starting for ISU with a friend when we were discussing how far this line up has come. Because I still laugh remembering when Coach said they found him at a gas station during availability after it was announced he'd be making the starting line up as a way to explain how random this was for everyone.
That is still one of my favorite Dresser quotes. “Found a 25 lber at 7-11” I think is what he said, or close.

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
That is still one of my favorite Dresser quotes. “Found a 25 lber at 7-11” I think is what he said, or close.

Yes! it was a 7-11. How could I forget haha

Reactions: JM4CY

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Jarrett is probably one of the very few who has to worry about managing his weight through the whole year. He can't gain & keep that much weight on. Just in his genes.
The first I’ve heard of him possibly returning next year. I love the idea of him being here wrestling this year and next.

Reactions: Crazyape22

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
The first I’ve heard of him possibly returning next year. I love the idea of him being here wrestling this year and next.

wouldnt surprise me if Parker is back for another year either. Especially with Gomez now retired, Parker at 141 for another year would be huge to allow a guy like Paniro to develop or Redding to grow into 141

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
wouldnt surprise me if Parker is back for another year either. Especially with Gomez now retired, Parker at 141 for another year would be huge to allow a guy like Paniro to develop or Redding to grow into 141
Parker was so close to putting it all together at nationals last year. He’s probably the guy I felt bad for the most. He was peaking and ready to be a first time AA. I hope he gets and takes advantage of these 2 years with podium finishes.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Parker was so close to putting it all together at nationals last year. He’s probably the guy I felt bad for the most. He was peaking and ready to be a first time AA. I hope he gets and takes advantage of these 2 years with podium finishes.
I’m telling you: that kid is a dark horse to make the finals. No one will outwork him for 7 min. It could be that I just really like watching him scrap but I don’t think so.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Hidlay and Deakin. Last year he was handled by Deakin pretty comfortably. Being that he is much younger, I was hoping he might have made a big enough jump, but Carr also just lost to Hidlay in freestyle. I think he's just a step behind both those guys right now.

Yeah, Deakin did beat him fairly handily last season, but didn’t Carr turn around and beat him in freestyle this offseason?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron